Can you loose a territory on a support.

Question about the rules of the game? Experienced Diplomacy veterans will help you! There is also a Common Questions section.
Forum rules
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/view ... 30&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should not refer directly to a specific situation in an active game. It is usually possible to provide an example of a similar situation elsewhere on the board.
2. It follows that links, images, game name and/or number should not be added to a post if the game is active.
3. Questions should only request rules be clarified and not request advice about how to resolve a situation.
4. When answering a question, members should restrict themselves to answering the question and not give advice on how to get around the situation.
Posts which break these rules will be subject to editing or removal; see here: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/view ... 13&t=42845

Can you loose a territory on a support.

Postby benson.b.research@gmail.c » 05 Jun 2017, 01:48

I am France in my current game. I currently have a fleet in Liverpool and am trying to take Wales so I can move into London with Two fronts to destroy an Army in London . I have the English Channel and the Mid-Atlantic Ocean, however, England has the Irish Sea and I am worried about potentially losing Liverpool. So my question is... If I conveyed an Army from Picardy to Wales through the English Channel and supported Picardy to Wales with my fleet in Liverpool could I loose Liverpool if England tries to take Liverpool from the Irish Sea while it is supporting Army Picardy to Wales? Do not want to waste an order. Thanks in Advance!
benson.b.research@gmail.c

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (949)
All-game rating: (952)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Can you loose a territory on a support.

Postby GhostEcho » 05 Jun 2017, 01:55

This question is far too detailed w/r/t the game, violating the first guideline:

1. Members should not refer directly to a specific situation in an active game. It is usually possible to provide an example of a similar situation elsewhere on the board.

However, the question posed in the topic can be answered generally: yes, a unit ordered to support another unit can be dislodged if it's not sufficiently supported itself. The game rules provide more details and examples.
"When you absolutely don't know what to do any more, then it's time to panic." - Johann van der Wiel
"I'm not panicking, I'm watching you panic. It's more entertaining." - Elli Quinn
"[Diplomacy:] No dice or chance. Just calculated insincerity." - Counter Trap
GhostEcho

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 995
All-game rating: 982
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Guns of Brixton » 05 Jun 2017, 07:51

Use the Orders Solver. That's what it's there for.

And lose has one o...
Platinum Classicist
Mentor
Guns of Brixton

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1580)
All-game rating: (1622)

Postby benson.b.research@gmail.c » 19 Jun 2017, 04:59

Thanks for the info, know for next time. I believe I ended up not even using these orders.
benson.b.research@gmail.c

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (949)
All-game rating: (952)

Return to Diplomacy Rules Questions