Two Player Game - Italy?

Question about the rules of the game? Experienced Diplomacy veterans will help you! There is also a Common Questions section.
Forum rules
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/view ... 30&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should not refer directly to a specific situation in an active game. It is usually possible to provide an example of a similar situation elsewhere on the board.
2. It follows that links, images, game name and/or number should not be added to a post if the game is active.
3. Questions should only request rules be clarified and not request advice about how to resolve a situation.
4. When answering a question, members should restrict themselves to answering the question and not give advice on how to get around the situation.
Posts which break these rules will be subject to editing or removal; see here: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/view ... 13&t=42845

Two Player Game - Italy?

Postby EnderSE15 » 12 May 2017, 20:53

Apologies if this has been answered before (I did try and search for it...). In the two player variant, is Italy neutralised (ie. its units all hold), or does it join a side at random as in the board version?
EnderSE15

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1091)
All-game rating: (1112)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Two Player Game - Italy?

Postby super_dipsy » 12 May 2017, 21:05

Initially we followed the rules, but players felt it unbalanced it too much. So now italy stays in CD all game, and is un-enterable in the first year
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (931)

Postby TheGrandWazoo » 09 Jun 2017, 11:22

- Excuse me, what does CD mean?

- And when playing a two-player game, I suppose a player wins when he owns half of the supply centres plus one, with ONE nation?

- And in that case, can a player attack a nation of himself with another nation of himself?
(For instance, can an Austrian army support another Austrian army to walk into a territory where a German army is holding?)
TheGrandWazoo
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1448
All-game rating: 1295
Timezone: GMT+1

Postby Jegpeg » 09 Jun 2017, 14:40

TheGrandWazoo wrote:- Excuse me, what does CD mean?

- And when playing a two-player game, I suppose a player wins when he owns half of the supply centres plus one, with ONE nation?

- And in that case, can a player attack a nation of himself with another nation of himself?
(For instance, can an Austrian army support another Austrian army to walk into a territory where a German army is holding?)

CD is civil disorder, it means all the units are held.

The rules say that for 2 player games you need 24 supply centres to win and I am sure the site hasn't changed that (or it would be noted in the list of how Play dip differs from the official rules), but I am not sure if it is with all your nations or a single one.
Jegpeg

Standard rating: (1125)
All-game rating: (1401)

Postby super_dipsy » 09 Jun 2017, 15:58

The rules for shorhanded games like 2-player are here http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=566&t=22618

Victory requires 24 SCs across your 3 countries.
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (931)

Postby TheGrandWazoo » 10 Jun 2017, 06:29

super_dipsy wrote:The rules for shorhanded games like 2-player are here http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=566&t=22618

Victory requires 24 SCs across your 3 countries.

Thanks both!
TheGrandWazoo
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1448
All-game rating: 1295
Timezone: GMT+1

Return to Diplomacy Rules Questions