Place a fleet

Question about the rules of the game? Experienced Diplomacy veterans will help you! There is also a Common Questions section.
Forum rules
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/view ... 30&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should not refer directly to a specific situation in an active game. It is usually possible to provide an example of a similar situation elsewhere on the board.
2. It follows that links, images, game name and/or number should not be added to a post if the game is active.
3. Questions should only request rules be clarified and not request advice about how to resolve a situation.
4. When answering a question, members should restrict themselves to answering the question and not give advice on how to get around the situation.
Posts which break these rules will be subject to editing or removal; see here: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/view ... 13&t=42845

Place a fleet

Postby KnightCT » 28 Apr 2017, 04:35

I have two question:
1: For example: I am Austria then I had occupied Greece
Can I place a fleet in Greece or I need to place it in Trieste ?

2. Rumania has army in Rumania
Austria has army in Bulgaria
Budapest has no army
Russia want to move army from Rumania to Budapest, Can I disrupt it by moving army from Bulgaria to Rumania ? or this can work in case of supporting ?

Thank you
KnightCT

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (798)
All-game rating: (794)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Place a fleet

Postby super_dipsy » 28 Apr 2017, 06:57

KnightCT wrote:1: For example: I am Austria then I had occupied Greece

In the normal game, you can only build in your 'National' centres (your starting positions (eg Trieste, Budapest, Vienna for Austria). So no, you could not build in Greece.
There are some game variants though which are 'build anywhere' variants. These variants allow you to build in ANY centre you own (as long as it is empty of course!). These variants are Build Anywhere, Chaos and Age of Empires.

KnightCT wrote:2. Rumania has army in Rumania
Budapest has no army
Russia want to move army from Rumania to Budapest, Can I disrupt it by moving army from Bulgaria to Rumania ? or this can work in case of supporting ?

No. You would move into Rumania with no effect on the Russian move from Rumania to Budapest. If you want to check out any moves, click the Orders Solver tab and you can try them yourself to see what would happen.

One final word. I am sure you are talking about hypothetical situations and not an active game ;) . At Playdip, discussing an active game is not allowed; but of course asking hypothetical questions is absolutely fine :D
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1000
All-game rating: 931

Re: Place a fleet

Postby KnightCT » 28 Apr 2017, 15:00

super_dipsy wrote:
KnightCT wrote:1: For example: I am Austria then I had occupied Greece

In the normal game, you can only build in your 'National' centres (your starting positions (eg Trieste, Budapest, Vienna for Austria). So no, you could not build in Greece.
There are some game variants though which are 'build anywhere' variants. These variants allow you to build in ANY centre you own (as long as it is empty of course!). These variants are Build Anywhere, Chaos and Age of Empires.

KnightCT wrote:2. Rumania has army in Rumania
Budapest has no army

No. You would move into Rumania with no effect on the Russian move from Rumania to Budapest. If you want to check out any moves, click the Orders Solver tab and you can try them yourself to see what would happen.

One final word. I am sure you are talking about hypothetical situations and not an active game ;) . At Playdip, discussing an active game is not allowed; but of course asking hypothetical questions is absolutely fine :D

Thank you
KnightCT

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (798)
All-game rating: (794)

Return to Diplomacy Rules Questions