Incorrect orders in F2F

Question about the rules of the game? Experienced Diplomacy veterans will help you! There is also a Common Questions section.
Forum rules
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/view ... 30&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should not refer directly to a specific situation in an active game. It is usually possible to provide an example of a similar situation elsewhere on the board.
2. It follows that links, images, game name and/or number should not be added to a post if the game is active.
3. Questions should only request rules be clarified and not request advice about how to resolve a situation.
4. When answering a question, members should restrict themselves to answering the question and not give advice on how to get around the situation.
Posts which break these rules will be subject to editing or removal; see here: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/view ... 13&t=42845

Re: Incorrect orders in F2F

Postby edmgrim » 10 Mar 2017, 00:01

Bromley86 wrote:Cheers CB. I bet that accidentally-ordered-twice thing gets used all the time :) .

We use the same rules that I see on the PBF games here...The last written order is the one that is followed.
edmgrim

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1077)
All-game rating: (1086)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Jegpeg » 10 Mar 2017, 01:05

edmgrim wrote:
Bromley86 wrote:Cheers CB. I bet that accidentally-ordered-twice thing gets used all the time :) .

We use the same rules that I see on the PBF games here...The last written order is the one that is followed.

For the PBF on the site each GM sets up their own house rules. There is a rule that unless the house rules state otherwise if the same unit is given two orders they will both be invalid.

This is assuming they are submitted at the same time if you send two complete sets of orders then the last set of orders is the one that is followed. Different GMs have different rules if the second set of rules does not give orders for all units (and the units involved were given orders in a previous set of orders)

http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25319
Jegpeg

Standard rating: (1125)
All-game rating: (1401)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Bromley86 » 11 Mar 2017, 00:08

Interestingly enough, I've never deliberately entered a "mistake" order, but I just tried to, moving an army to a sea zone. Next turn, I'd have been all, "Oh no, my self bounce failed because I'm an idiot", etc, but the game prevents me from moving an army to a sea zone. Sure, I can pick a nearby land zone (or the land zone of the next unit I move), but I was a little surprised to see that. I suppose I must have know it, but just not really thought about it before.
A member of the Classicists, a group that aims to reduce NMRs/surrenders.
Bromley86

Standard rating: (1880)
All-game rating: (2233)
Timezone: GMT+12

Postby Carebear » 11 Mar 2017, 00:11

You can make misorders in this interface, but perhaps not that specific type.
You can have my last supply center, when you pry it from my cold dead hands.

Spam Ambassador Wannabe

Officially Sanctioned Site Gadfly (meaning the negative kind of sanction)
Carebear

Standard rating: (1573)
All-game rating: (1589)
Timezone: GMT+8

Previous

Return to Diplomacy Rules Questions