Retreat question

Question about the rules of the game? Experienced Diplomacy veterans will help you! There is also a Common Questions section.
Forum rules
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/view ... 30&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should not refer directly to a specific situation in an active game. It is usually possible to provide an example of a similar situation elsewhere on the board.
2. It follows that links, images, game name and/or number should not be added to a post if the game is active.
3. Questions should only request rules be clarified and not request advice about how to resolve a situation.
4. When answering a question, members should restrict themselves to answering the question and not give advice on how to get around the situation.
Posts which break these rules will be subject to editing or removal; see here: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/view ... 13&t=42845

Retreat question

Postby PO Bunny » 05 Feb 2017, 19:58

I am new to the forum and haven't played the game a lot either, so please bare with me :) I am in a situation, where I have to retreat an army from territory A. Originally I tried moving the army to territory B with support from C, but it was bounced nevertheless and dislodged from A. When I check around for possible retreat destinations I receive messages for places where I am not allowed to move, for example I cannot move to territory D, since there was a standoff, which took place there. I do not receive the same message though, when I order the army to move to B. According to the rules, this should not be allowed either, yet the game allows the order to be made. Is this just an error and my army would be destroyed if I tried moving there? Or is there something I am missing and I can retreat to B?

Thanks for the help.
PO
PO Bunny

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1068)
All-game rating: (1071)
Timezone: GMT+1

Re: Retreat question

Postby V » 05 Feb 2017, 20:55

If you bounced in B, no you cannot retreat there. The unit will destroy. The system does often allow entry of invalid orders that will fail & this is such an example. The rule will be correctly applied if you try to select B as your retreat destination.
Good luck Senlac
Platinum Classicist
Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished.
V

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1718
All-game rating: 1754
Timezone: GMT-7

Re: Retreat question

Postby Oh Cheese » 06 Feb 2017, 15:40

PO Bunny wrote:I am new to the forum and haven't played the game a lot either, so please bare with me :)

Hold the phone...

You're new to the site, so you want me to get naked with you?? What kind of site do you think this IS???
Oh Cheese
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1168
All-game rating: 1180
Timezone: GMT+6

Return to Diplomacy Rules Questions