What went wrong with this convoy?

Question about the rules of the game? Experienced Diplomacy veterans will help you! There is also a Common Questions section.
Forum rules
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/view ... 30&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should not refer directly to a specific situation in an active game. It is usually possible to provide an example of a similar situation elsewhere on the board.
2. It follows that links, images, game name and/or number should not be added to a post if the game is active.
3. Questions should only request rules be clarified and not request advice about how to resolve a situation.
4. When answering a question, members should restrict themselves to answering the question and not give advice on how to get around the situation.
Posts which break these rules will be subject to editing or removal; see here: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/view ... 13&t=42845

What went wrong with this convoy?

Postby DeadCat » 06 May 2008, 12:43

this is the rejection I got under ORDERS: North Sea CONVOY Belgium to Yorkshire -> Convoy destination error f nth c a bel - yor

I was convoying A Belgium to Yorkshire via the North Sea. Supported by my unit in London. This support failed for this reason: London SUPPORT Belgium to Yorkshire -> Supported ordre does not correspond. I'm not suer about that either.

Why did this not work? The enemy had a unit in Yorkshire and a unit in Wales. The unit in Wales attacked my unit in London supported by his unit in Yorkshire. I also moved successfully into Wales from English Channel.
DeadCat

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Re: What went wrong with this convoy?

Postby Spitfire » 06 May 2008, 12:58

If you could post a link to your game deadcat it would really help us out, as we would be kind of commenting blind otherwise.

Did you give the army in Belgium the order to move too? Other then that, without seeing it I cant guess what it might be.
Diplomacy is to break someone's leg and then to say; "Lean on me."
Spitfire

Postby Spitfire » 06 May 2008, 13:02

Are you playing on another nick mate? Just you've no active games going...
Diplomacy is to break someone's leg and then to say; "Lean on me."
Spitfire

Postby DeadCat » 06 May 2008, 18:24

Yeah, I'm just using this one to ask questions so my opponents won't know what I'm doing. And I found the problem--my error.
DeadCat

Return to Diplomacy Rules Questions