Cheating game allowed to finish.

Rules for using the site and playing on site.

Cheating game allowed to finish.

Postby MisterPlant » 30 Jun 2020, 19:55

Greetings wise ones.we are up to spring 03 in a gunboat game,ranked and anonymous as per usual,I’m better than averagely sure italy and Austria are the same person or in cahoots...amazing how one country gets supports for the other right every time!
However...having spotted this and allowing for one playing as two,I’d still like to play the game through and whup this cheaters ass with legitimate play.
Is it possible to report this game as suspicious so the culprits get their just deserts,but play it through until the end?
MisterPlant
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1539
All-game rating: 1773
Timezone: GMT

Re: Cheating game allowed to finish.

Postby WarSmith » 30 Jun 2020, 21:19

Can you go take a look at the cheater forum please, read the ‘before you submit’ instructions and then send a cheat report? I’ll get round to investigating it - but need the info as is instructed in the guidelines.
Thanks.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth even has a chance to put its pants on”
WarSmith
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1754)
All-game rating: (1664)
Timezone: GMT+2

Postby MisterPlant » 30 Jun 2020, 22:02

Hi Warsmith,I’m not reporting it until I’m sure without any doubt,hence I didn’t give game number in my original post so as to not jeopardise the game in question.
My inquiry really was -given the suspected cheater is losing,and at no one players Disadvantage...I would have been the hardest hit...is it permissible and ethical to ignore the potential cheating and just play the game through?
MisterPlant
Premium Member

Postby Josey Wales » 01 Jul 2020, 00:05

MisterPlant wrote:Hi Warsmith,I’m not reporting it until I’m sure without any doubt,hence I didn’t give game number in my original post so as to not jeopardise the game in question.
My inquiry really was -given the suspected cheater is losing,and at no one players Disadvantage...I would have been the hardest hit...is it permissible and ethical to ignore the potential cheating and just play the game through?

Allow me to weigh in. The best medicine for a cheater is to pound him like a bent nail. beat them (yes can be plural) like a rented mule, give them the consideration you would a red-headed step-child (save the rants sure to come in this age of political correctness). If you are sure someone is cheating, you don't have to report them if you don't want to. Killing then in a game is a perfectly acceptable tactically and ethically speaking.

Now, if the game is not anonymous then one could fairly easily find it by searching for your name so take that into consideration when posting in the open ala suggestion by Warsmith on brushing up on the Cheaters reporting rules.

JW
If you are gonna fight, then fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's ark … and brother, it just started to rain

Platinum Classicist, Certified SPAM ABASSADOR, with a STAR
Josey Wales
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1028
All-game rating: 1053
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby WHSeward » 01 Jul 2020, 00:48

The Mods appropriately filter & edit cheater reports to preserve anonymity as needed J. Wales, so no worries about reporting if there is something to report.
"As a general truth, communities prosper and flourish, or droop and decline, in just the degree that they practice or neglect to practice the primary duties of justice and humanity." WHS

A member of the Classicists.

Ask me about mentor games. Send me a PM or post in the Mentoring forum.
WHSeward
Site Admin
Site Admin

Standard rating: (1633)
All-game rating: (1647)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby MisterPlant » 01 Jul 2020, 08:37

Thanks for the weigh in,Jw.It seems we share exactly the same mindset.if I can win despite possible cheating loading the game against me,it adds a certain extra satisfaction!
The game is indeed anonymous,and being gunboat,no communication,so repeated perfect sync between two countries stinks like a month old kipper but I choose to sit on my suspicions and play the game through if I’m not contravening any actual or moral rule by doing so.
MisterPlant
Premium Member

Postby WarSmith » 01 Jul 2020, 10:30

MisterPlant wrote:Hi Warsmith,I’m not reporting it until I’m sure without any doubt,hence I didn’t give game number in my original post so as to not jeopardise the game in question.

Play on as if there is no cheating. There may in fact not be!
If you want peace of mind - pm me the game number.
Thanks.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth even has a chance to put its pants on”
WarSmith
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1754)
All-game rating: (1664)
Timezone: GMT+2

Return to Site Rules