Page 1 of 1

Posting Photos

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2018, 12:38
by JackMahon
Hello. I want to post a photo in an in-game message, either as a private message or a public message. I think I have done that once before, but I either forget how or never knew. This is all the information I could find in the archives:

Can I post images?
Yes, images can be shown in your posts. If the administrator has allowed attachments, you may be able to upload the image to the board. Otherwise, you must link to an image stored on a publicly accessible web server, e.g. http://www.example.com/my-picture.gif. You cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC (unless it is a publicly accessible server) nor images stored behind authentication mechanisms, e.g. hotmail or yahoo mailboxes, password protected sites, etc. To display the image use the BBCode [img] tag.

I don't understand the above. Can anyone help me out?

Re: Posting Photos

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2018, 16:43
by super_dipsy
You cannot post photos in in-game messages. We do not allow any sort of screen shot or photo there. The info you are referring to in your post is I think for the FORUM, where you can post photos. But not in games.

EDIT: I think I may have misled people, sorry. I was talking about game-related screenshots or photos :) not general ones!

Re: Posting Photos

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2018, 17:26
by Jack007
Wasn't it possible to post photos in public press of the games?
:?

Re: Posting Photos

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2018, 17:31
by asudevil
Jack007 wrote:Wasn't it possible to post photos in public press of the games?
:?


I think you used to be able to link images? And have them show up?

Re: Posting Photos

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2018, 17:56
by super_dipsy
Jack007 wrote:Wasn't it possible to post photos in public press of the games?
:?

yes. Still is as far as I know, but maybe it doesn't work now because of the move to https

But that is not what the OP wants. He is asking about putting images into in-game messages, not the PP.

Re: Posting Photos

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2018, 18:48
by TheCraw
super_dipsy wrote:yes. Still is as far as I know, but maybe it doesn't work now because of the move to https.

Wait... does this mean the images that used to accompany "Something Happens" catastrophes no longer work? :o

Re: Posting Photos

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2018, 18:53
by Jack007
super_dipsy wrote:
Jack007 wrote:Wasn't it possible to post photos in public press of the games?
:?

yes. Still is as far as I know, but maybe it doesn't work now because of the move to https

But that is not what the OP wants. He is asking about putting images into in-game messages, not the PP.

:shock:
JackMahon wrote:Hello. I want to post a photo in an in-game message, either as a private message or a public message. I think I have done that once before, but I either forget how or never knew. This is all the information I could find in the archives:

Can I post images?
Yes, images can be shown in your posts. If the administrator has allowed attachments, you may be able to upload the image to the board. Otherwise, you must link to an image stored on a publicly accessible web server, e.g. http://www.example.com/my-picture.gif. You cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC (unless it is a publicly accessible server) nor images stored behind authentication mechanisms, e.g. hotmail or yahoo mailboxes, password protected sites, etc. To display the image use the BBCode [img] tag.

I don't understand the above. Can anyone help me out?

Re: Posting Photos

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2018, 20:53
by super_dipsy
TheCraw wrote:
super_dipsy wrote:yes. Still is as far as I know, but maybe it doesn't work now because of the move to https.

Wait... does this mean the images that used to accompany "Something Happens" catastrophes no longer work? :o

No, they are fine :)

Re: Posting Photos

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2018, 11:53
by JackMahon
Got it. Thanks for the replies.

Re: Posting Photos

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2018, 11:45
by Jack007
Can it be that pics in Public Press (Shoutbox) don't work actually? :?

Edit:
The right tag for puffs in public press is
[image]url[/image]
:)