NMR notification and premature game surrender?

Rules for playing on and using the site.
Forum rules
This section of the Forum is for the Site's rules.
If you have a question about how to play the game, please post in the RULES section of the Forum, not here. The site's rules for standard Dip do not substantially differ from published rules.

NMR notification and premature game surrender?

Postby Blackrake » 12 Aug 2014, 17:32

I was registered for a game and had an issue that prevented me from submitting orders for my first spring movement in 1901 in the "Gang of 7" game. The issue doesn't matter, but I accept that I missed my orders deadline through a fluke and I extend my apologies out to my fellow game players for the result. I had been actively negotiating in the game up to that point and clearly had not meant to ignore it. Whatever the case, I accept the fault as mine.

Having said that, it seems that per the site rules, if I understand them correctly, I would have to miss two sets of orders in order to be booted from the game. I only missed one, and in fact should even now still be within the timeframe necessary for the second set of orders. Despite that I received a surrender notice and I am completely unable to see the game in question, either in my active games or anywhere else. Does that mean that there were other circumstances or player issues and the game was cancelled completely? Or does it mean that once you've been "surrendered" from a game that you can no longer see it? And why would it auto surrender me after just one failed move?
Platinum Classicist
Blackrake

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1594)
All-game rating: (1628)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: NMR notification and premature game surrender?

Postby fijikilo0 » 12 Aug 2014, 17:41

Can you tell me if the game had 1st turn NMR protection on? i think if this is on than the player who NMR'd is kicked and the game restarts after it finds a new player.
Fee-G-Key-Low-(zero) Can ya pronounce it now?
Participant in Untitled/progressive story thread.
Indonesia in Far East Asia game A:Survivor with 1 SC
Peru in World Influence(First major power eliminated)
Before a backstab, be sure the blade can sever the tough spine.
Quitting (again)
fijikilo0

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (964)
All-game rating: (951)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Peanut » 12 Aug 2014, 18:22

As Fijikilo0 says, if the game had the option of 'NMR protect' set then a NMR would have the following consequences:

*The player in question is removed from the game
    *The game returns to the Join Game List
Note: you won't be able to see the game in the Join game list as it is not a game you can now join.
Once the game starts you will be able to see it in the 'Active Games' list.

The reason this option was introduced it because S1901 NMRs were felt to be the most damaging to a game so, in this instance, the normal 2xNMR rule is over-ridden and the game resets instead.
Youth & Talent are no match for Age & Treachery
Let your relationships with the other players drive your strategy, not the other way around.
Ambassador & Platinum Member of the Classicists
Peanut

Location: Tiptree (where jam comes from), Essex. England (orig Lutterworth, Leics - where Jet Engine invented)
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1148)
All-game rating: (1381)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Blackrake » 12 Aug 2014, 18:30

ok, that would explain it. Thanks.
Platinum Classicist
Blackrake

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1594)
All-game rating: (1628)
Timezone: GMT-8

Return to Rules for Fair Play and Fair Use