Post Thread Symbols

Rules for playing on and using the site.
Forum rules
This section of the Forum is for the Site's rules.
If you have a question about how to play the game, please post in the RULES section of the Forum, not here. The site's rules for standard Dip do not substantially differ from published rules.

Post Thread Symbols

Postby Antigonos » 08 Feb 2014, 07:27

Is there a place that explains the various aspects of the symbol that appears before each post topic? I understand the locked sign but not the other bits that appear added to the basic symbol. I am sorry if this is the wrong place to ask.
Classicists Platinum, Oldies & soldier in Cavalry to the rescue
Samnites 3 draw Ad Arma
Prussia draw Ambition & Empire
USSR in 3 draw Blitzkrieg[
England solo Renaissance
Germany in 6 draw World Influence
Athens 4 draw Greek City States
Zaire solo Africa
Iran 3 draw ModEX II
Antigonos
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1483)
All-game rating: (1517)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Post Thread Symbols

Postby Petunia » 08 Feb 2014, 07:40

Beats the hell out of me.

As with anything else to do with the forum, the advice is to check it out on a phpbb website as it's a third-party software that we simply install & use. No one here in any official capacity will necessarily know anything about (I say necessarily because they might, as well might any other habitual forum user; in fact the latter is probably your best bet). I'd move the thread to somewhere where someone fitting that description might be more likely to see it... but I couldn't say where that might be... we do have 'The Forum & Communicating' subsubsubforum but it's hard to factor that anyone would be MORE likely to see something posted there...
Any views expressed prior to Dec 2013 are solely my own and do not represent the site or its administration in any way.
I took a break from the site for a while. I'm back now. Hi.
Platinum Classicist
Petunia

Standard rating: (1583)
All-game rating: (1571)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Blackfish » 08 Feb 2014, 07:50

If the icon is red, it means that it's unread by you, or there are posts within the topic that you haven't read since last time you looked inside.

A bubble shaped icon means "stickied", it just means it will stay at the top of the forum. Only Admins and some Mods can sticky things, I believe.

The lock icon means it's locked and no one except for Admins and Mods can post in it, as you already know.

An asterisk means you have posted in the topic and it can be seen on the "View Your Posts" page.

If the icon is animated it means it is a "popular topic" and many posts have been made in the thread.

The other tiny icons on the bottom left corner of the icon are chosen by users and don't really mean anything: http://playdiplomacy.com/forum/faq.php#f3r8
"You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war." - Plutarch

Game History
Blackfish

Class: Ambassador
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT+10

Postby Antigonos » 08 Feb 2014, 09:31

Blackfish wrote:If the icon is red, it means that it's unread by you, or there are posts within the topic that you haven't read since last time you looked inside.

A bubble shaped icon means "stickied", it just means it will stay at the top of the forum. Only Admins and some Mods can sticky things, I believe.

The lock icon means it's locked and no one except for Admins and Mods can post in it, as you already know.

An asterisk means you have posted in the topic and it can be seen on the "View Your Posts" page.

If the icon is animated it means it is a "popular topic" and many posts have been made in the thread.

The other tiny icons on the bottom left corner of the icon are chosen by users and don't really mean anything: http://playdiplomacy.com/forum/faq.php#f3r8

Thanks for the comprehensive answer.
Classicists Platinum, Oldies & soldier in Cavalry to the rescue
Samnites 3 draw Ad Arma
Prussia draw Ambition & Empire
USSR in 3 draw Blitzkrieg[
England solo Renaissance
Germany in 6 draw World Influence
Athens 4 draw Greek City States
Zaire solo Africa
Iran 3 draw ModEX II
Antigonos
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1483)
All-game rating: (1517)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Blackfish » 08 Feb 2014, 14:37

Antigonos wrote:
Blackfish wrote:If the icon is red, it means that it's unread by you, or there are posts within the topic that you haven't read since last time you looked inside.

Thanks for the comprehensive answer.

You're welcome :)
"You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war." - Plutarch

Game History
Blackfish

Class: Ambassador
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT+10

Return to Rules for Fair Play and Fair Use