Google Chrome Malware Warning

Rules for playing on and using the site.
Forum rules
This section of the Forum is for the Site's rules.
If you have a question about how to play the game, please post in the RULES section of the Forum, not here. The site's rules for standard Dip do not substantially differ from published rules.

Re: Google Chrome Malware Warning

Postby rick.leeds » 30 Dec 2013, 13:39

This has been looked at... and may still be being looked at... and Dipsy covered it here.

Just for a little added info, on Chrome, at least, if you click a link to open in a new tab (and presumably a new window) the same warning comes up. I find myself increasingly sceptical about almost anything and everything Google does right now...

As Dipsy says, the first thing is for you to decide whether you want to follow through and follow connect to the site in light of the reported malware. All I can say is that my protection is sitting quietly and not acting up any time I open a link related to the site.

I'm using Chrome and the message I get is this:
malware warning.PNG

Click on the bit in the yellow box, then click proceed at your own risk... again, if you choose to do so.

The process will be different on other providers, no doubt.

Again as Dipsy said, this appears to be a problem with a bitly that may have been provided, rather than anything to do with this site directly. If you're interested in the report, some of the information is:
- Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 2 time(s) over the past 90 days.
- Over the past 90 days, playdiplomacy.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.
- This site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.
World Diplomacy Forum.
Online Resources editor at the Diplomatic Pouch.
Don't let the stepladder get you. Watch where you're stepping. ANY step could be a doozy.
rick.leeds

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1158)
All-game rating: (1070)
Timezone: GMT

Previous

Return to Rules for Fair Play and Fair Use