Surrendering and submitting moves

Rules for playing on and using the site.
Forum rules
This section of the Forum is for the Site's rules.
If you have a question about how to play the game, please post in the RULES section of the Forum, not here. The site's rules for standard Dip do not substantially differ from published rules.

Surrendering and submitting moves

Postby ho_poneros_basileos » 04 Dec 2013, 22:07

When players surrender, does the site submit Holds for their pieces, or do the other players have to wait until the clock runs out every turn until the surrendered player is eliminated?
ho_poneros_basileos

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1223)
All-game rating: (1368)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Surrendering and submitting moves

Postby gareth66 » 04 Dec 2013, 22:10

The move processes when all players in the game have finalised their orders, or at the end of the deadline if that does not happen. When the move processes, if no orders have been entered for the surrendered country then they are considered as Hold orders. Bear in mind though, that on the actual move when the surrender happens the previous player may have entered orders before surrendering, in which case they will stand.
gareth66

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1485)
All-game rating: (1638)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Petunia » 05 Dec 2013, 17:46

gareth66 wrote:The move processes when all players in the game have finalised their orders
And if the only Powers with orders to submit are surrendered, the turn will process when any player hits finalize.

the previous player may have entered orders before surrendering, in which case they will stand.
I got got on this just recently. Verrry awkward.
Any views expressed prior to Dec 2013 are solely my own and do not represent the site or its administration in any way.
I took a break from the site for a while. I'm back now. Hi.
Platinum Classicist
Petunia

Standard rating: (1583)
All-game rating: (1571)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby ho_poneros_basileos » 13 Dec 2013, 18:20

Right, so if I have this right, in a seven player game, if one player has surrendered without submitting orders, the turn will process as soon the remaining six players finalize.

Thanks! :)
ho_poneros_basileos

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1223)
All-game rating: (1368)

Postby gareth66 » 13 Dec 2013, 18:42

The move will process when the six players still in the game have finalised if the surrendered player submitted orders and also finalised.
Last edited by gareth66 on 13 Dec 2013, 19:50, edited 2 times in total.
gareth66

Standard rating: (1485)
All-game rating: (1638)

Postby Jegpeg » 13 Dec 2013, 19:26

ho_poneros_basileos wrote:Right, so if I have this right, in a seven player game, if one player has surrendered without submitting orders, the turn will process as soon the remaining six players finalize.

Thanks! :)

Not quite

In the turn the player surrendered without finalizing (where he places moves or not) the turn will not process until the clock goes to zero, this gives some extra time for a substitute to step in.

On subsequent turns while there is still a surrendered country the turn will progress when all remaining countries have finalized (or a single country if only the surrendered country(s) have a move)

I am not sure what happens if the player finalized before surrendering.
Jegpeg

Standard rating: (1125)
All-game rating: (1401)

Postby jaelis » 13 Dec 2013, 19:29

Here is what dipsy has said about this:
During the turn in which a country surrenders, the turn will not process if the surrendered country is not finalized. The deadline will run to its full length, but of course a new player could take up the surrendered country and then finalize as usual.

After that, the process is as follows. Whenever someone in a game with active players finalizes, the game checks to see if he or she was the LAST active player to finalize. During this check, surrendered countries (that were surrendered in a previous turn and are still surrendered) will NOT be counted. So once all active players finalize, the game will proceed immediately regardless of the surrendered countries. But there is a special case. In a retreat or build phase, it is possible that the ONLY country (or countries) with actions is a surrendered country. In this scenario, the turn does not finish immediately (as might be implied from the previous sentence) but instead starts normally, once again to offer a potential joiner the opportunity to join the game as the surrendered country and enter a proper retreat or build phase order. However, as soon as ONE other player clicks finalize (even though they have no orders) then the turn will now process. This is to avoid players having to wait for the entire phase deadline every time.
jaelis

Standard rating: (1060)
All-game rating: (1212)

Return to Rules for Fair Play and Fair Use