Rules and etiquette in PPO

Rules for playing on and using the site.
Forum rules
This section of the Forum is for the Site's rules.
If you have a question about how to play the game, please post in the RULES section of the Forum, not here. The site's rules for standard Dip do not substantially differ from published rules.

Re: Rules and etiquette in PPO

Postby coggas » 08 May 2013, 12:48

Dear Zadaron,

Yes it does matter, for example: I or another could PM him and say I am China in game 123456, wanna team up...either way this was a violation of the rules on two counts:
1 He used his name on the forum in reference to a game that anyone in it would recognize.
2 He has now seemingly implicated my good self...even If someone else was pretending to be me, or I was pretending to be someone else.
.Basically he broke the rules: the rules clearly state that it's O.K. to identify oneself BUT ONLY IN THE PP.

Nevertheless I have declined in this case to make a formal complaint, and I hope the game continues as started.

I would love to comment further on the logistics and the rest of the ensuing drama, but shall decline until the game is over.

C
coggas

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1113)
All-game rating: (1324)
Timezone: GMT+10

Re: Rules and etiquette in PPO

Postby asudevil » 08 May 2013, 13:36

Ok, Im locking this until the game is over. Coggas, I don't see how what Salty did is any worse than your OP coupled with your "what to do when you have an issue with a mod" thread in the cheaters sub-forum.

I brought up the game there and so you clearly identified yourself and brought up issues from inside a game that anyone who is IN the game would know that you are who you said you were. Salty here is just explaining why he doesn't like the way it happened.

However, you are right, it is an active game, so I shall lock this thread so it stops.
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.
asudevil
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1351
All-game rating: 1447
Timezone: GMT-7

Previous

Return to Rules for Fair Play and Fair Use