Complaint

Rules for playing on and using the site.
Forum rules
This section of the Forum is for the Site's rules.
If you have a question about how to play the game, please post in the RULES section of the Forum, not here. The site's rules for standard Dip do not substantially differ from published rules.

Complaint

Postby Squasher » 18 Apr 2013, 01:58

Could you please investigate comments in the messages section, in the game NAU 1900 (58250?). It's ruined an otherwise good game, and now has become my lease ever enjoyable game. Please contact me via e-mail, for further details. (not sure where to post a complaint)
Squasher

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1721)
All-game rating: (2015)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Complaint

Postby Netr0 » 18 Apr 2013, 02:07

Squasher wrote:Could you please investigate comments in the messages section, in the game NAU 1900 (58250?). It's ruined an otherwise good game, and now has become my lease ever enjoyable game. Please contact me via e-mail, for further details. (not sure where to post a complaint)

Could pm this to Rick.leeds or another mod.
If you can, win.
If you can't, draw.
If you stab, succeed.
Netr0

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1315)
All-game rating: (1649)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby Petunia » 18 Apr 2013, 02:14

You'll want to be a bit more specific. I don't think it's fair to ask an admin to aimlessly pore over scores of private in-game messages looking for something you might find objectionable (I assume you're referring to a private message or else you'd have used the 'report inappropriate' button in the shoutbox, though of course there's nothing remotely inappropriate in the shoutbox as far as I can tell). Of course, this being a game for adults, it takes a LOT to warrant a censure from site admins for something written in an in-game private message (as it well should). Perhaps worth brushing up on the rules for playing at this site?
Any views expressed prior to Dec 2013 are solely my own and do not represent the site or its administration in any way.
I took a break from the site for a while. I'm back now. Hi.
Platinum Classicist
Petunia

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1583)
All-game rating: (1571)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby rick.leeds » 18 Apr 2013, 02:21

I should also point out that, if this IS to do with messages in the game, rather than Public Press posts (by which, I mean if the issue is with messages sent from one player to another, rather than post in Public Press) we do not look into these messages: see here for the guidelines.
World Diplomacy Forum.
Online Resources editor at the Diplomatic Pouch.
Don't let the stepladder get you. Watch where you're stepping. ANY step could be a doozy.
rick.leeds
Site Admin
Site Admin

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1158)
All-game rating: (1070)

Postby zGimli » 18 Apr 2013, 11:57

rick.leeds wrote: if this IS to do with messages in the game... we do not look into these messages

I think you should emphasise more clearly that this is an adults-only website at account creation.
Any legal message or image that gets sent in an in-game message is allowed by this site.
zGimli

Standard rating: (1227)
All-game rating: (1228)

Postby rick.leeds » 18 Apr 2013, 12:27

It isn't an adults only site at all. And it isn't a case that ANY message is allowed, as you can see by following the link provided. What we do expect is that people deal with most messages sent in a private format themselves. If you receive a message you do not like in a game, you can choose to no longer read messages from that player. Simply open and close the message again without reading it. Being offended by something is fine; expecting the site to moderate every message that might be offensive to a member is unrealistic.
World Diplomacy Forum.
Online Resources editor at the Diplomatic Pouch.
Don't let the stepladder get you. Watch where you're stepping. ANY step could be a doozy.
rick.leeds
Site Admin
Site Admin

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1158)
All-game rating: (1070)

Postby Netr0 » 18 Apr 2013, 15:07

There is a reason that children's MMOs don't allow users to communicate with each other with their own responses and only per-generated approved responses. Something like that would not work with diplomacy. So while you may not like what one person says, just ignore them. As the rules states, if they continue to harass you, then its a form of cyber bullying.
If you can, win.
If you can't, draw.
If you stab, succeed.
Netr0

Standard rating: (1315)
All-game rating: (1649)
Timezone: GMT-6

Return to Rules for Fair Play and Fair Use