Question about draws.

Rules for playing on and using the site.
Forum rules
This section of the Forum is for the Site's rules.
If you have a question about how to play the game, please post in the RULES section of the Forum, not here. The site's rules for standard Dip do not substantially differ from published rules.

Re: Question about draws.

Postby Fatmo » 04 Sep 2013, 06:47

So, with all the time that's gone by, changes in the scoring system, etc. . . , How is this handled now? If there's a DIAS draw proposed and one or more countries are eliminated before it expires, will the original draw offer still be on the table? If all surviving countries left accept the draw, would only the surviving powers at the time claim the victory?
You don't know what I'm thinking...because I don't know what I'm doing.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEgjTfcEJk
Fatmo

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Question about draws.

Postby super_dipsy » 04 Sep 2013, 07:18

Nothing has changed. If a Draw proposal is Live (not rejected, not expired) then it will be enacted if all the ACTIVE countries accept (ie not eliminated or surrendered countries). When a draw proposal is processed, only ACTIVE countries are included in the draw (same definition as before).

So to be clear, if a draw offer included France, Germany and Russia, and everyone but Russia has accepted, and Russia has NOT rejected, and Russia is then eliminated THEN the draw is processed but as a 2way between France and Germany, not a 3way including Russia.
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1000
All-game rating: 931
Timezone: GMT

Previous

Return to Rules for Fair Play and Fair Use