Have you got what it takes? - FILLED

Games with the intention to fight 'till the bitter end!

Moderators: sjg11, DOI

Have you got what it takes? - FILLED

Postby tomfromparis » 03 Feb 2013, 08:53

Hello all.

Here's a new solo only game.

name: Have U got what it takes?
# 55447

Options:
3/1/1
country preference
ranked

Please sign up here.
PW via PM.

Remember to take the pledge which is:

I, username, do hereby pledge, by my free will, without any duress being applied to be, and being of sound mind, in the witness of the Mods and gamers of this forum, that I will commit myself to winning this game outright to the best of my ability. Should one of the seven prove to be an Oathbreaker in this regard, I will spurn all talks of enacting a draw and will dutifully fight until no such draw can take place. Should a stalemate occur and all players agree, I will continue to seek a solo win for as long as this is possible. If it proves impossible, and all players agree, then there will be no winner for this game and I will not ever claim to have won it. I pledge to not surrender, and continue active participation in the shoutbox if I should be defeated, as I continue to have a vote in the stalemate agreement.

Here's my pledge:
I, tomfromparis, do hereby pledge, by my free will, without any duress being applied to be, and being of sound mind, in the witness of the Mods and gamers of this forum, that I will commit myself to winning this game outright to the best of my ability. Should one of the seven prove to be an Oathbreaker in this regard, I will spurn all talks of enacting a draw and will dutifully fight until no such draw can take place. Should a stalemate occur and all players agree, I will continue to seek a solo win for as long as this is possible. If it proves impossible, and all players agree, then there will be no winner for this game and I will not ever claim to have won it. I pledge to not surrender, and continue active participation in the shoutbox if I should be defeated, as I continue to have a vote in the stalemate agreement.

Cheers :D

t.
Last edited by tomfromparis on 25 Mar 2013, 19:11, edited 1 time in total.
Did you know, that if the worst thing that happens to you is you lose some Supply Centers and get wiped from the board then you should consider it a damn good day.
tomfromparis

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1233)
All-game rating: (1242)
Timezone: GMT+1

Re: Have you got what it takes?

Postby VALIS » 03 Feb 2013, 20:10

Count me in for this!

I, VALIS, do hereby pledge, by my free will, without any duress being applied to be, and being of sound mind, in the witness of the Mods and gamers of this forum, that I will commit myself to winning this game outright to the best of my ability. Should one of the seven prove to be an Oathbreaker in this regard, I will spurn all talks of enacting a draw and will dutifully fight until no such draw can take place. Should a stalemate occur and all players agree, I will continue to seek a solo win for as long as this is possible. If it proves impossible, and all players agree, then there will be no winner for this game and I will not ever claim to have won it. I pledge to not surrender, and continue active participation in the shoutbox if I should be defeated, as I continue to have a vote in the stalemate agreement.
Better lives have been lived in the margins, locked in prisons and lost on the gallows than have ever been enshrined in palaces.
VALIS

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (909)
All-game rating: (911)
Timezone: GMT

Postby TheProfessional » 05 Feb 2013, 09:19

I'd like in,

I, TheProfessional, do hereby pledge, by my free will, without any duress being applied to be, and being of sound mind, in the witness of the Mods and gamers of this forum, that I will commit myself to winning this game outright to the best of my ability. Should one of the seven prove to be an Oathbreaker in this regard, I will spurn all talks of enacting a draw and will dutifully fight until no such draw can take place. Should a stalemate occur and all players agree, I will continue to seek a solo win for as long as this is possible. If it proves impossible, and all players agree, then there will be no winner for this game and I will not ever claim to have won it. I pledge to not surrender, and continue active participation in the shoutbox if I should be defeated, as I continue to have a vote in the stalemate agreement.
TheProfessional

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (978)
All-game rating: (977)
Timezone: GMT+10

Postby tomfromparis » 05 Feb 2013, 20:12

Welcome, gentlemen :D
Did you know, that if the worst thing that happens to you is you lose some Supply Centers and get wiped from the board then you should consider it a damn good day.
tomfromparis

Postby card_iac » 10 Feb 2013, 20:48

I, card_iac, do hereby pledge, by my free will, without any duress being applied to be, and being of sound mind, in the witness of the Mods and gamers of this forum, that I will commit myself to winning this game outright to the best of my ability. Should one of the seven prove to be an Oathbreaker in this regard, I will spurn all talks of enacting a draw and will dutifully fight until no such draw can take place. Should a stalemate occur and all players agree, I will continue to seek a solo win for as long as this is possible. If it proves impossible, and all players agree, then there will be no winner for this game and I will not ever claim to have won it. I pledge to not surrender, and continue active participation in the shoutbox if I should be defeated, as I continue to have a vote in the stalemate agreement.

I also solemnly swear this is the first time I've ever sworn an oath prior to a game of Diplomacy :)
card_iac

Standard rating: (953)
All-game rating: (952)
Timezone: GMT

Postby tomfromparis » 10 Feb 2013, 21:35

Hello Sir.
Nice to have you aboard :D

C'mon Ladies and Gents.
We need 3 more to get started :twisted:
tomfromparis

Postby frumiousbandersnatch » 11 Feb 2013, 07:09

I, frumiousbandersnatch, do hereby pledge, by my free will, without any duress being applied to be, and being of sound mind, in the witness of the Mods and gamers of this forum, that I will commit myself to winning this game outright to the best of my ability. Should one of the seven prove to be an Oathbreaker in this regard, I will spurn all talks of enacting a draw and will dutifully fight until no such draw can take place. Should a stalemate occur and all players agree, I will continue to seek a solo win for as long as this is possible. If it proves impossible, and all players agree, then there will be no winner for this game and I will not ever claim to have won it. I pledge to not surrender, and continue active participation in the shoutbox if I should be defeated, as I continue to have a vote in the stalemate agreement.

This may be the first of many oaths I will swear regarding this game...
frumiousbandersnatch

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1605)
All-game rating: (1591)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby tomfromparis » 11 Feb 2013, 19:56

Welcome, frumiousbandersnatch :D

We need 2 more !!!!
tomfromparis

Postby tomfromparis » 13 Feb 2013, 10:51

All right...

There's 7 of us willing to play this game.
Welcome to GhostEcho btw :D

We need frumiousbandersnatch to join the game and then we'll just have to confirm.
I hope he does so quickly in order not to lose his spot.
I sent out invitations with game details and other players may still join.

Anyway, see you all soon on the battlefield ;)

Cheers.

t.
tomfromparis

Postby tomfromparis » 13 Feb 2013, 14:35

Full game - Please confirm :D
tomfromparis

Next

Return to Solo Victories Only