Page 2 of 2

Re: Sjg's Solo 1900 Game

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2013, 00:03
by whiptail3710
I am so absolutely down if this is happening. I've been wanting a solos only game for a long time now.

I, Whiptail3710, do hereby pledge, by my free will, without any duress being applied to be, and being of sound mind, in the witness of the Mods and gamers of this forum, that I will commit myself to winning this game outright to the best of my ability. Should one of the seven prove to be an Oathbreaker in this regard, I will spurn all talks of enacting a draw and will dutifully fight until no such draw can take place. Should a stalemate occur and all players agree, I will continue to seek a solo win for as long as this is possible. If it proves impossible, and all players agree, then there will be no winner for this game and I will not ever claim to have won it. I pledge to not surrender, and continue active participation in the shoutbox if I should be defeated, as I continue to have a vote in the stalemate agreement.

Re: Sjg's Solo 1900 Game

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2013, 00:16
by Petunia
I have to say I've never understood that pledge, or what a solo-only game would actually signify. "I will commit myself to winning this game outright to the best of my ability" is, by rule, the default goal for every player in every game. If someone breaks the oath, you'll fight until no such draw ('such' in this case referring to... what) can take place? What does it mean to fight until no draw can take place? Then it says that if all players agree there is a stalemate, you'll still seek a solo even after unanimous agreement on the stalemate? I don't mean to be rude but I've just always wondered about this and thought I'd ask.

Re: Sjg's Solo 1900 Game

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2013, 00:28
by asudevil
Its a pledge to fight so that no "weak" 2man draw will occur...basically a promise to king-make someone...IF NEEDED

and not go quietly into the night

Re: Sjg's Solo 1900 Game

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2013, 03:28
by Petunia
Where does it say that?

Re: Sjg's Solo 1900 Game

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2013, 03:50
by asudevil
Petunia wrote:Where does it say that?


I will spurn all talks of enacting a draw and will dutifully fight until no such draw can take place

Re: Sjg's Solo 1900 Game

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2013, 23:31
by Petunia
You're saying you read
The Oath wrote:Should one of the seven prove to be an Oathbreaker in this regard, I will spurn all talks of enacting a draw and will dutifully fight until no such draw can take place.

as indicating an agreement to refuse "a "weak" two-player draw" and to select a winner by kingmaking??? :?: :?:

Re: Sjg's Solo 1900 Game

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2013, 23:43
by asudevil
Petunia wrote:You're saying you read
The Oath wrote:Should one of the seven prove to be an Oathbreaker in this regard, I will spurn all talks of enacting a draw and will dutifully fight until no such draw can take place.

as indicating an agreement to refuse "a "weak" two-player draw" and to select a winner by kingmaking??? :?: :?:


Actually Im indicating that I read this as people agreeing to a weak 2 person draw should know that this game will NOT end in a 2person draw.

Re: Sjg's Solo 1900 Game

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2013, 01:51
by Petunia
Oh. Well, I have to say I've never really understood that pledge or what most of it is meant to say.

Re: Sjg's Solo 1900 Game

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2013, 11:37
by tomfromparis
LoL I gotta agree with you Petunia.
I assumed I didn't really get it because English is a 2nd language :mrgreen:

So I took the pledge assuming the general spririt.
I think the idea is to vow that each player's gonna do his best to win and that a draw isn't considered as an achievement but the consequence of a stuck situation (stalemate lines).

Re: Sjg's Solo 1900 Game

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2013, 18:21
by Kithchener
Kithchener wrote:I, kithchener, do hereby pledge, by my free will, without any duress being applied to be, and being of sound mind, in the witness of the Mods and gamers of this forum, that I will commit myself to winning this game outright to the best of my ability. Should one of the seven prove to be an Oathbreaker in this regard, I will spurn all talks of enacting a draw and will dutifully fight until no such draw can take place. Should a stalemate occur and all players agree, I will continue to seek a solo win for as long as this is possible. If it proves impossible, and all players agree, then there will be no winner for this game and I will not ever claim to have won it. I pledge to not surrender, and continue active participation in the shoutbox if I should be defeated, as I continue to have a vote in the stalemate agreement.

I hate drawmongers.


Drop me out.