Sjg's Solo 1900 Game

Games with the intention to fight 'till the bitter end!

Moderators: sjg11, DOI

Re: Sjg's Solo 1900 Game

Postby whiptail3710 » 13 Mar 2013, 00:03

I am so absolutely down if this is happening. I've been wanting a solos only game for a long time now.

I, Whiptail3710, do hereby pledge, by my free will, without any duress being applied to be, and being of sound mind, in the witness of the Mods and gamers of this forum, that I will commit myself to winning this game outright to the best of my ability. Should one of the seven prove to be an Oathbreaker in this regard, I will spurn all talks of enacting a draw and will dutifully fight until no such draw can take place. Should a stalemate occur and all players agree, I will continue to seek a solo win for as long as this is possible. If it proves impossible, and all players agree, then there will be no winner for this game and I will not ever claim to have won it. I pledge to not surrender, and continue active participation in the shoutbox if I should be defeated, as I continue to have a vote in the stalemate agreement.
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
whiptail3710

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1157)
All-game rating: (1193)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Petunia » 13 Mar 2013, 00:16

I have to say I've never understood that pledge, or what a solo-only game would actually signify. "I will commit myself to winning this game outright to the best of my ability" is, by rule, the default goal for every player in every game. If someone breaks the oath, you'll fight until no such draw ('such' in this case referring to... what) can take place? What does it mean to fight until no draw can take place? Then it says that if all players agree there is a stalemate, you'll still seek a solo even after unanimous agreement on the stalemate? I don't mean to be rude but I've just always wondered about this and thought I'd ask.
Any views expressed prior to Dec 2013 are solely my own and do not represent the site or its administration in any way.
I took a break from the site for a while. I'm back now. Hi.
Platinum Classicist
Petunia

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1583)
All-game rating: (1571)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby asudevil » 13 Mar 2013, 00:28

Its a pledge to fight so that no "weak" 2man draw will occur...basically a promise to king-make someone...IF NEEDED

and not go quietly into the night
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.
asudevil
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1351
All-game rating: 1447
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby Petunia » 13 Mar 2013, 03:28

Where does it say that?
Any views expressed prior to Dec 2013 are solely my own and do not represent the site or its administration in any way.
Platinum Classicist
Petunia

Postby asudevil » 13 Mar 2013, 03:50

Petunia wrote:Where does it say that?

I will spurn all talks of enacting a draw and will dutifully fight until no such draw can take place

asudevil
Premium Member

Postby Petunia » 13 Mar 2013, 23:31

You're saying you read
The Oath wrote:Should one of the seven prove to be an Oathbreaker in this regard, I will spurn all talks of enacting a draw and will dutifully fight until no such draw can take place.

as indicating an agreement to refuse "a "weak" two-player draw" and to select a winner by kingmaking??? :?: :?:
Platinum Classicist
Petunia

Postby asudevil » 13 Mar 2013, 23:43

Petunia wrote:You're saying you read
The Oath wrote:Should one of the seven prove to be an Oathbreaker in this regard, I will spurn all talks of enacting a draw and will dutifully fight until no such draw can take place.

as indicating an agreement to refuse "a "weak" two-player draw" and to select a winner by kingmaking??? :?: :?:

Actually Im indicating that I read this as people agreeing to a weak 2 person draw should know that this game will NOT end in a 2person draw.

asudevil
Premium Member

Postby Petunia » 14 Mar 2013, 01:51

Oh. Well, I have to say I've never really understood that pledge or what most of it is meant to say.
Platinum Classicist
Petunia

Postby tomfromparis » 15 Mar 2013, 11:37

LoL I gotta agree with you Petunia.
I assumed I didn't really get it because English is a 2nd language :mrgreen:

So I took the pledge assuming the general spririt.
I think the idea is to vow that each player's gonna do his best to win and that a draw isn't considered as an achievement but the consequence of a stuck situation (stalemate lines).
Did you know, that if the worst thing that happens to you is you lose some Supply Centers and get wiped from the board then you should consider it a damn good day.
tomfromparis

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1233)
All-game rating: (1242)
Timezone: GMT+1

Postby Kithchener » 15 Mar 2013, 18:21

Kithchener wrote:I, kithchener, do hereby pledge, by my free will, without any duress being applied to be, and being of sound mind, in the witness of the Mods and gamers of this forum, that I will commit myself to winning this game outright to the best of my ability. Should one of the seven prove to be an Oathbreaker in this regard, I will spurn all talks of enacting a draw and will dutifully fight until no such draw can take place. Should a stalemate occur and all players agree, I will continue to seek a solo win for as long as this is possible. If it proves impossible, and all players agree, then there will be no winner for this game and I will not ever claim to have won it. I pledge to not surrender, and continue active participation in the shoutbox if I should be defeated, as I continue to have a vote in the stalemate agreement.

I hate drawmongers.

Drop me out.
This account is dead RIP.
Kithchener

Standard rating: (1123)
All-game rating: (1130)
Timezone: GMT

Previous

Return to Solo Victories Only