"Calhamer 1"

Games with the intention to fight 'till the bitter end!

Moderators: sjg11, DOI

Re: "Calhamer 1"

Postby Poelie » 02 Dec 2012, 12:38

Lets do this!
Poelie

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1034)
All-game rating: (1034)
Timezone: GMT+1

Postby Tiankav » 02 Dec 2012, 17:16

Everythings sounds good to me. My participation is confirmed. I don't miss turns.
Tiankav

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)

Postby Tiankav » 02 Dec 2012, 17:25

I have not taken the oath yet. Here it is:

I, Tiankav, do hereby pledge, by my free will, without any duress being applied to be, and being of sound mind, in the witness of the Mods and gamers of this forum, that I will commit myself to winning this game outright to the best of my ability. Should one of the seven prove to be an Oathbreaker in this regard, I will spurn all talks of enacting a draw and will dutifully fight until no such draw can take place. Should a stalemate occur and all players agree, I will continue to seek a solo win for as long as this is possible. If it proves impossible, and all players agree, then there will be no winner for this game and I will not ever claim to have won it. I pledge to not surrender, and continue active participation in the shoutbox if I should be defeated, as I continue to have a vote in the stalemate agreement.
Tiankav

Postby moodyeagle25 » 02 Dec 2012, 19:14

Good show! Below is the confirmed player list for game "Calhamer 1"

moodyeagle25
tomfromparis
Tiankav
TheProfessional
Poelie
siverwood02
sirdanilot

All players please refer to the first post in this thread. This is a regular Diplomacy game, according to the board game rules. This is not a "Solo Victories Only" game. The first objective is to win. The second objective is to survive in a draw. All draws are equal, whether you have 1 supply center, or 17 supply centers. This game will be set as unranked, so that there is zero incentive to play for a draw in order to receive "ranking points" or "rating points."

If anyone wants to withdraw because the game is unranked :roll: , please let me know. Otherwise I will start the game in a day or two at 3/1/1 time control and with power preference.

Thanks to everyone for joining. I have high hopes that this will be a good game.
"It is not sufficient that I succeed. All others must fail."
--Genghis Khan
moodyeagle25

Standard rating: (971)
All-game rating: (971)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby tomfromparis » 02 Dec 2012, 20:42

I must have missed something.
Why isn't this a "solo victory only" game anymore?
Did you know, that if the worst thing that happens to you is you lose some Supply Centers and get wiped from the board then you should consider it a damn good day.
tomfromparis

Standard rating: (1233)
All-game rating: (1242)

Postby moodyeagle25 » 02 Dec 2012, 21:07

tomfromparis wrote:I must have missed something.
Why isn't this a "solo victory only" game anymore?

It never was. I accidentally hijacked sirdanilot's thread in Solo Victories while getting this game started. But I made clear in my first post in "O Solo Mio" and in the first post of this thread that this game is not a "Solo Victories Only" game.

This is a regular Diplomacy game, according to the board game rules. It has been made unranked so that the "draw mongering" created by the ranking system will not affect our game.
--Genghis Khan
moodyeagle25

Postby tomfromparis » 02 Dec 2012, 21:46

Oh. I see.
I got confused.
I'm still in of course :D
Did you know, that if the worst thing that happens to you is you lose some Supply Centers and get wiped from the board then you should consider it a damn good day.
tomfromparis

Standard rating: (1233)
All-game rating: (1242)

Postby moodyeagle25 » 03 Dec 2012, 05:55

I got tired of waiting so I started the game already.

Game: 52153. The password has been sent via private message.

Huzzah!
--Genghis Khan
moodyeagle25

Postby Crunkus » 03 Dec 2012, 06:45

moodyeagle25 wrote:Listen mates, this thread was created as a convenience for players wishing to fill game "Calhamer 1" and not for yet another epic argument about how to play Diplomacy. All the relevant material is contained in the first post. I can't make it any more clear than the game's creator does in the linked article.

I'm not sure you've explained how it is. You posted the article and asserted something else vaguely that isn't entirely backed up by the contents of the article, and then chided people looking for clarification.

You can make it more clear, you just aren't choosing to. This of course is your right.
(sigh)
Crunkus

Class: Star Ambassador
All-game rating: (944)

Postby Tiankav » 03 Dec 2012, 13:07

Although it might not be what some people call a pure solo-victory-only game is is close enough for me. I am just tired of people not trying to win. I have joined the game now.
Tiankav

PreviousNext

Return to Solo Victories Only