50635. O Solo Mio - New Solo Only Game

Games with the intention to fight 'till the bitter end!

Moderators: sjg11, DOI

50635. O Solo Mio - New Solo Only Game

Postby sirdanilotdead » 31 Oct 2012, 23:04

I love the idea of a solo only game, but I haven't seen many being started up lately. The tournament that is still in sign up phase doesn't seem too popular either. So why not a regular Solo game?

50635. O Solo Mio
ap variant: Standard
Game type: regular
Stats: rank
Public: no
Variants: Classic
Map: mapv2

Deadlines

Orders every 24 hours
Retreat every 24 hours
Build every 24 hours

Process deadlines when all moves submitted
Draws must include all survivors (DIAS)

Don't process deadlines on:
New Year Jan 01, Christmas Dec 25

If you want in, please sign the Solo Pledge here. Copy paste it and username with your username.

I, username, do hereby pledge, by my free will, without any duress being applied to be, and being of sound mind, in the witness of the Mods and gamers of this forum, that I will commit myself to winning this game outright to the best of my ability. Should one of the seven prove to be an Oathbreaker in this regard, I will spurn all talks of enacting a draw and will dutifully fight until no such draw can take place. Should a stalemate occur and all players agree, I will continue to seek a solo win for as long as this is possible. If it proves impossible, and all players agree, then there will be no winner for this game and I will not ever claim to have won it. I pledge to not surrender, and continue active participation in the shoutbox if I should be defeated, as I continue to have a vote in the stalemate agreement.

I will post the password when seven people have signed up here.
Last edited by sirdanilotdead on 31 Oct 2012, 23:07, edited 1 time in total.
sirdanilotdead

All-game rating: 36851
Timezone: GMT

Re: 50635. O Solo Mio - New Solo Only Game

Postby sirdanilotdead » 31 Oct 2012, 23:06

I, sirdanilot, do hereby pledge, by my free will, without any duress being applied to be, and being of sound mind, in the witness of the Mods and gamers of this forum, that I will commit myself to winning this game outright to the best of my ability. Should one of the seven prove to be an Oathbreaker in this regard, I will spurn all talks of enacting a draw and will dutifully fight until no such draw can take place. Should a stalemate occur and all players agree, I will continue to seek a solo win for as long as this is possible. If it proves impossible, and all players agree, then there will be no winner for this game and I will not ever claim to have won it. I pledge to not surrender, and continue active participation in the shoutbox if I should be defeated, as I continue to have a vote in the stalemate agreement.
sirdanilotdead

All-game rating: 36851
Timezone: GMT

Postby Tiankav » 13 Nov 2012, 23:33

If orders were every 48 hours I would sign up. I have always wanted to play a solo victory only game.
Tiankav

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT+1

Postby tomfromparis » 17 Nov 2012, 14:31

Same for me... I'd be interested but 24 hours per phase is quite too fast a pace for me :(
Did you know, that if the worst thing that happens to you is you lose some Supply Centers and get wiped from the board then you should consider it a damn good day.
tomfromparis

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1233)
All-game rating: (1242)

Postby Poelie » 19 Nov 2012, 19:17

Hoping that this will actually pick up again:

I, Poelie, do hereby pledge, by my free will, without any duress being applied to be, and being of sound mind, in the witness of the Mods and gamers of this forum, that I will commit myself to winning this game outright to the best of my ability. Should one of the seven prove to be an Oathbreaker in this regard, I will spurn all talks of enacting a draw and will dutifully fight until no such draw can take place. Should a stalemate occur and all players agree, I will continue to seek a solo win for as long as this is possible. If it proves impossible, and all players agree, then there will be no winner for this game and I will not ever claim to have won it. I pledge to not surrender, and continue active participation in the shoutbox if I should be defeated, as I continue to have a vote in the stalemate agreement.
Poelie

Standard rating: (1034)
All-game rating: (1034)

Postby moodyeagle25 » 30 Nov 2012, 06:21

I want to get into a Solo Victory game, but 1 day is too fast for me too, not enough time to send and receive messages. I want to set up a 3/1/1 game. Process on weekends to speed things up.

I agree with the spirit of the Solo Victory pledge, but the game will include DIAS and eliminated players cannot vote. Kingmakers and second-placers are not welcome! That's just regular Diplomacy.

Would the players that have posted in this thread join such a game? I will set it up once we have a full field of commitments.
"It is not sufficient that I succeed. All others must fail."
--Genghis Khan
moodyeagle25

Standard rating: (971)
All-game rating: (971)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby tomfromparis » 30 Nov 2012, 10:39

I obviously need to unerstand these forums and the difference between "forum message" and "private message" lol

Anyway, this is, in substance, what I answered to moodyeagle25 in a PM:

Your offer is interesting, but why not take our time with a 3/2/2?
I mean game will proceed when the orders are set anyway, won't it?
And sometimes you negociate even about a retreat or a build ;)
So count me in, but preferably for a 3/2/2 if game proceeds when all orders are completed (I usually complete orders way before deadline but I like to be given time to communicate).

Cheers :D
Did you know, that if the worst thing that happens to you is you lose some Supply Centers and get wiped from the board then you should consider it a damn good day.
tomfromparis

Postby Tiankav » 30 Nov 2012, 10:52

I will play a 3/1/1 game or if you prefer 3/2/2. As long as there is at least 2 days for orders. I am willing to wait for more players, I am not starting any other games.
Tiankav

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)

Postby moodyeagle25 » 30 Nov 2012, 16:56

Thanks everyone. We now have four commited players. Time control is under discussion.
"It is not sufficient that I succeed. All others must fail."
--Genghis Khan
moodyeagle25

Standard rating: (971)
All-game rating: (971)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby tomfromparis » 30 Nov 2012, 18:41

After hearing very good points about it I'm ok with 3/1/1 :D

And btw...

I, tom (fromparis), do hereby pledge, by my free will, without any duress being applied to be, and being of sound mind, in the witness of the Mods and gamers of this forum, that I will commit myself to winning this game outright to the best of my ability. Should one of the seven prove to be an Oathbreaker in this regard, I will spurn all talks of enacting a draw and will dutifully fight until no such draw can take place. Should a stalemate occur and all players agree, I will continue to seek a solo win for as long as this is possible. If it proves impossible, and all players agree, then there will be no winner for this game and I will not ever claim to have won it. I pledge to not surrender, and continue active participation in the shoutbox if I should be defeated, as I continue to have a vote in the stalemate agreement.
tomfromparis

Next

Return to Solo Victories Only