The Solos Tournament- 2012

Games with the intention to fight 'till the bitter end!

Moderators: sjg11, DOI

Re: The Solos Tournament- 2012

Postby sjg11 » 20 May 2012, 09:50

shadowlink wrote:Oooh, tempting.

Question: I'm not premium yet (I've been holding off pulling that trigger for the moment for various reasons including convincing friends to go premium with me so we can play some variants). Would you need me to go premium now. or would my current non-Premium status be acceptable as long as I upgraded before the start of the tournament?

As long as your Premium before the start of the tournament you are fine.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Postby shadowlink » 20 May 2012, 12:35

Alright, I'm feeling exteme trepadation about this for some reason buuut...count me in.

(What have I done?! :o )

Right, the pledge thingy:

I, Shadowlink, do hereby pledge, by my free will, without any duress being applied to be, and being of sound mind, in the witness of the Mods and gamers of this forum, that I will commit myself to winning this game outright to the best of my ability. Should one of the seven prove to be an Oathbreaker in this regard, I will spurn all talks of enacting a draw and will dutifully fight until no such draw can take place. Should a stalemate occur and all players agree, I will continue to seek a solo win for as long as this is possible. If it proves impossible, and all players agree, then there will be no winner for this game and I will not ever claim to have won it. I pledge to not surrender, and continue active participation in the shoutbox if I should be defeated, as I continue to have a vote in the stalemate agreement.
shadowlink

All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT+10

Postby behnam » 20 May 2012, 13:52

48/24/24 sounds good to me:

I, behnam, do hereby pledge, by my free will, without any duress being applied to me, and being of sound mind, in the witness of the Mods and gamers of this forum, that I will commit myself to winning this game outright to the best of my ability. Should one of the seven prove to be an Oathbreaker in this regard, I will spurn all talks of enacting a draw and will dutifully fight until no such draw can take place. Should a stalemate occur and all players agree, I will continue to seek a solo win for as long as this is possible. If it proves impossible, and all players agree, then there will be no winner for this game and I will not ever claim to have won it. I pledge to not surrender, and continue active participation in the shoutbox if I should be defeated, as I continue to have a vote in the stalemate agreement.
nil desperandum ; sempre vincenti

behnam

Standard rating: (975)
All-game rating: (978)

Postby The Pez » 20 May 2012, 16:20

shadowlink wrote:Alright, I'm feeling exteme trepadation about this for some reason buuut...count me in.

(What have I done?! :o )

Right, the pledge thingy:

I, Shadowlink, do hereby pledge, by my free will, without any duress being applied to be, and being of sound mind, in the witness of the Mods and gamers of this forum, that I will commit myself to winning this game outright to the best of my ability. Should one of the seven prove to be an Oathbreaker in this regard, I will spurn all talks of enacting a draw and will dutifully fight until no such draw can take place. Should a stalemate occur and all players agree, I will continue to seek a solo win for as long as this is possible. If it proves impossible, and all players agree, then there will be no winner for this game and I will not ever claim to have won it. I pledge to not surrender, and continue active participation in the shoutbox if I should be defeated, as I continue to have a vote in the stalemate agreement.

Crap.
The Pez

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (972)
All-game rating: (974)

Postby shadowlink » 20 May 2012, 21:52

Hello Pez :) .

Eh don't worry. My average has to take a hit eventually.
shadowlink

Postby The Pez » 20 May 2012, 21:58

shadowlink wrote:Hello Pez :) .

Eh don't worry. My average has to take a hit eventually.

I don't know about that...

You're just so good! :(
The Pez

Postby zefrog » 20 May 2012, 23:38

I, Zefrog, do hereby pledge, by my free will, without any duress being applied to be, and being of sound mind, in the witness of the Mods and gamers of this forum, that I will commit myself to winning this game outright to the best of my ability. Should one of the seven prove to be an Oathbreaker in this regard, I will spurn all talks of enacting a draw and will dutifully fight until no such draw can take place. Should a stalemate occur and all players agree, I will continue to seek a solo win for as long as this is possible. If it proves impossible, and all players agree, then there will be no winner for this game and I will not ever claim to have won it. I pledge to not surrender, and continue active participation in the shoutbox if I should be defeated, as I continue to have a vote in the stalemate agreement.
zefrog

Standard rating: (1181)
All-game rating: (1392)

Postby shadowlink » 21 May 2012, 03:25

pezgod1 wrote:You're just so good! :(

Not that good :( .

Here, this should cheer you up ;)

http://www.playdiplomacy.com/game_play_details.php?game_id=31945
shadowlink

Postby The Pez » 21 May 2012, 03:44

shadowlink wrote:
pezgod1 wrote:You're just so good! :(

Not that good :( .

Here, this should cheer you up ;)

http://www.playdiplomacy.com/game_play_details.php?game_id=31945

It really does. :)
The Pez

Postby nermal » 21 May 2012, 14:15

nermal wrote:If it's not starting until August, I'm definitely in.

Sorry, please remove me from the list.
"If I am not for myself, who will be? If I am only for myself, what am I? If not now, when?" Rabbi Hillel
nermal

Standard rating: (891)
All-game rating: (823)
Timezone: GMT-5

PreviousNext

Return to Solo Victories Only