Up for a Standard Classicists Game? (FILLED)

An informal group of proven reliable players attempting to avoid games spoiled by missed orders.

Moderators: Fatmo, JonS, Buachaille

Re: Up for a Standard Classicists Game?

Postby nanooktheeskimo » 30 Dec 2014, 05:59

That's just downright communist of you, Kimber. I know you won't accept anything without everybody included, but it's dangerously close to infringing upon my rights to freedoms of speech and expression to deny me the ability to propose a draw I know will be rejected. As an american, I can't think of a more American thing to do then make a futile and useless attempt at peace, unless it's make a futile and useless attempt at peace while shotgunning a Sam Adams, wearing a denim cut off vest, eating apple pie, with the national anthem playing in the background and a Bald Eagle flying overhead with a Flag in it's talons. But short of that, a futile and useless effort at peace is also a good way to go ;)

And if there's one thing even Europeans can agree on, it's that Communists might be evil, but damned if they don't make some good kids toys.

Obviously this was in jest. If you're familiar with Stephen Colbert, picture him saying it and it makes a lot more sense :)
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

I am your (co-) Leader.

GM of WitA 7, WitA 8.

Come play face to face!

Need a forum game GM'ed? PM me!

Mod (but I'm normally not talking as one)
nanooktheeskimo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1209
All-game rating: 1389
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby mcboyes » 30 Dec 2014, 06:07

I say no to DIAS but it's not a big deal for me. Like it is for someone else. ^^^^^^
Chaos isn’t a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail, and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some are given a chance to climb, but refuse... The climb is all there is. But they’ll never know this. Not until it’s too late.
Littlefinger
mcboyes

Standard rating: 1143
All-game rating: 1318
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby bindlestiff » 30 Dec 2014, 06:10

Well, if Nanook is in, how can I say no? Count me in, if there's room.
-- bindlestiff
-- Platinum Classicist, Star Ambassador, card-carrying Oldie, and all-around prince of a guy

"La parole nous a été donnée pour déguiser notre pensée." (We were given speech to hide our thoughts.)
-- Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Périgord
bindlestiff
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1331)
All-game rating: (1388)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby nanooktheeskimo » 30 Dec 2014, 06:29

I think that gives us seven, no?

Britney, Kimber, mcboyes, stobco, me until I die, alcester, and BS. Unless I am a slightly worse counter than I thought, that's seven.

Don't forget to put a password on the game when you create it, Brit :)

I'm already looking forward to losing this game too!
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

I am your (co-) Leader.

GM of WitA 7, WitA 8.

Come play face to face!

nanooktheeskimo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby britneykay » 30 Dec 2014, 08:45

nanooktheeskimo wrote:That's just downright communist of you, Kimber. I know you won't accept anything without everybody included, but it's dangerously close to infringing upon my rights to freedoms of speech and expression to deny me the ability to propose a draw I know will be rejected. As an american, I can't think of a more American thing to do then make a futile and useless attempt at peace, unless it's make a futile and useless attempt at peace while shotgunning a Sam Adams, wearing a denim cut off vest, eating apple pie, with the national anthem playing in the background and a Bald Eagle flying overhead with a Flag in it's talons. But short of that, a futile and useless effort at peace is also a good way to go ;)

And if there's one thing even Europeans can agree on, it's that Communists might be evil, but damned if they don't make some good kids toys.
[/size]

I kind of agree with this idea. I think there is some serious diplomacy behind suggestion draws that maybe you don't even WANT to go through, as a way to influence the board. Therefore, I think non-DIAS is more interesting, especially if Kimber won't accept it ever, ha. ;)
britneykay

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1103)
All-game rating: (1111)
Timezone: GMT+8

Postby nanooktheeskimo » 30 Dec 2014, 09:41

britneykay wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:That's just downright communist of you, Kimber. I know you won't accept anything without everybody included, but it's dangerously close to infringing upon my rights to freedoms of speech and expression to deny me the ability to propose a draw I know will be rejected. As an american, I can't think of a more American thing to do then make a futile and useless attempt at peace, unless it's make a futile and useless attempt at peace while shotgunning a Sam Adams, wearing a denim cut off vest, eating apple pie, with the national anthem playing in the background and a Bald Eagle flying overhead with a Flag in it's talons. But short of that, a futile and useless effort at peace is also a good way to go ;)

[/size]

I kind of agree with this idea. I think there is some serious diplomacy behind suggestion draws that maybe you don't even WANT to go through, as a way to influence the board. Therefore, I think non-DIAS is more interesting, especially if Kimber won't accept it ever, ha. ;)

I do like having some amount of (imagined) control what country I am, yes. Although given my luck, I'll probably end up as Germany anyways. My response was silly, but there are legitimate reasons behind it too, as Britney alluded to. And one of them is the possibility of driving Kimber mildly insane ;)
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

I am your (co-) Leader.

GM of WitA 7, WitA 8.

Come play face to face!

nanooktheeskimo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Classicists