An informal group of proven reliable players attempting to avoid games spoiled by missed orders.

Moderators: JonS, Fatmo, Buachaille

Postby Custer » 07 Nov 2014, 12:44

The French player in game 91288 should be banned from the Classics. And his Ambassador status taken away. I have never seen such a "Classless" act in my 4-5 years here. In year one he posts all comms in the Public Press. I was mad about forwarding messages, but this has gone too far! I simply won't communicate with this dude ever again. Is there a way to block people from copying and pasting in Public Press? if so, this should be addressed immediately!

And he calls himself a Classic Ambassador? I'm simply shocked, out raged, mortified and embarrassed......

Maybe its me? Maybe I'm just too old for this........mutter.....sputter......clutter......flutter......desert.......dessert.......bacon........eggs......turkey.....Aha! Turkey!........whaa

:twisted: Shiv :twisted:
First..........get off my lawn! Second........it's a dashing self portrait! Courtesy of The Craw. Third.....I am still SHIV, Keeper of the Stone Tablets! Go Pack!
Custer
Premium Member

Location: Sailing somewhere in the Rockies on the Black Pearl but originally a Yooper!
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1127
All-game rating: 1101
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: 91288

Postby asudevil » 07 Nov 2014, 14:33

Motion seconded. And it was after spring 01 because he was "betrayed".

If he is a Classicist, I also agree it should be revoked...he's still and Ambassador and doesn't surrender/NMR that can't be revoked, but living up to the ethos of this group has clearly been breached.
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.
asudevil
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1351
All-game rating: 1447
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby Peanut » 07 Nov 2014, 15:10

I agree, sharing a message can have diplomatic value in trying to break up an alliance against you. I personnally don't like the idea of sharing any messages, but it's certainly not against the rules.

I can see no diplomatic value to sharing all messages though. The only purpose I can see is to damage the game, which is disrespectful, and so clearly violates the classicist code.
Youth & Talent are no match for Age & Treachery
Let your relationships with the other players drive your strategy, not the other way around.
Ambassador & Platinum Member of the Classicists
Peanut

Location: Tiptree (where jam comes from), Essex. England (orig Lutterworth, Leics - where Jet Engine invented)
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1148)
All-game rating: (1381)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Alman » 07 Nov 2014, 17:32

Wow, went and checked out the PP and that is ridiculous. I know how you feel about message forwarding anyway Shiv, but between the Spam factor of PP, the publicizing of EVERY message for ANY reason (forget one so trivial as a first move unexpected. I mean really, how normal is that. Practically a game fundamental. Talk is cheap, Moves speak), that clearly seems a breach of respectful play.

So you sparked my curiosity as to how such things are handled and it looks like you should PM the Mods of the Classicists since they are now in charge of any sanctions. Since gareth99 has taken a step back, I assume you should hit up M.R. and JonS, but I'd hit the other two as well as I know JonS is very swamped with RL right now.

Shiv, gotta say, love your PP. Once I can get a motorized wheelchair to keep up with your 24 hr deadlines, I've got to join one of your games! :D
Bronze Member: The Classicists & Oldies
War in the Americas 7 PbF

"The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote" -Kosh
"Nothing has to be true, but everything has to sound like it was." -Salvor Hardin
Alman

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1466)
All-game rating: (1586)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Nightwind » 07 Nov 2014, 18:11

I would have to say, that is childish behavior, and if certain a Mod were still active, he would probably have deleted the posts as "Spamming the Shoutbox" and warned the player.

...but I'm just guessing there.
Nightwind
Premium Member

Standard rating: (989)
All-game rating: (977)

Postby JC1985 » 07 Nov 2014, 18:20

I think it would be unfair to delete unless all players have confirmed they saw it. Otherwise some would get an advantage.

Personally, I found the whole thing amusing even though it was poor form.
Bronze Level Classicist

TMNT in Mafia CXXIX: 8-Bit Mafia (traded away Day 6) (Woo! Town Win!)
JC1985

Standard rating: (1099)
All-game rating: (1086)

Postby Alman » 07 Nov 2014, 18:36

I'm guessing the Mods won't intervene in the game itself. While poor form, it does not seem to contravene the rules for shoutbox (although I could be wrong). Classicist Membership is a different standard and I think the Classicist Mods do have a case. (IMHO)

EDIT: And I'm guessing, based on what I've observed on the forum and if this is a first time thing, that the player would be looking at a warning type level of sanction.

Its a good opportunity to remind Classicists that its not just about no NMR and no surrenders, its also about respectful play. That doesn't always get as much emphasis.
Bronze Member: The Classicists & Oldies
War in the Americas 7 PbF

"The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote" -Kosh
"Nothing has to be true, but everything has to sound like it was." -Salvor Hardin
Alman

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1466)
All-game rating: (1586)

Postby asudevil » 07 Nov 2014, 21:44

Nightwind wrote:I would have to say, that is childish behavior, and if certain a Mod were still active, he would probably have deleted the posts as "Spamming the Shoutbox" and warned the player.

...but I'm just guessing there.

Can't delete them...otherwise some players get an unfair advantage had they read them and others didn't

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

asudevil
Premium Member

Postby Mortiferus Rosa » 07 Nov 2014, 23:15

While posting every communication is excessive (i agree on that point wholeheartedly) and maybe a bit rash/crude I technically cant do anything about it. While I am a classicist mod I am not god and feel i dont have authority in this situation. He hasnt been verbally abusive and hasnt missed his deadlines, which is about as far as my authority goes. I dont feel i have the right to kick him from the group because he hasnt violated any of rules. However, that doesnt stop me from having you guys not play games with him.
R/,

Mortiferus Rosa
Gold Classicist
Mortiferus Rosa

Standard rating: (1115)
All-game rating: (1118)

Postby asudevil » 08 Nov 2014, 00:24

Isn't part of the rules respecting the game...on a mobile, but I can check the constitution

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

asudevil
Premium Member

Next

Return to Classicists