Proposed Constitution Change: Schools games

An informal group of proven reliable players attempting to avoid games spoiled by missed orders.

Moderators: Fatmo, JonS, Buachaille

Re: Proposed Constitution Change: Schools games

Postby britneykay » 10 Aug 2014, 04:43

I've noticed that mentor games frequently take longer than other games as well. Usually they have longer deadlines, to give people time to ask questions and verify orders, but it also can drag the game out past the point that most people technically need a mentor guiding them. I think this guarantees that if you finish your mentor game, you are much more dedicated than most. Personally, I finished 6 other games since I started my mentor game on June 20 - and it is still going on. I think mentor games should count for sure.
britneykay

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1103)
All-game rating: (1111)
Timezone: GMT+8

Postby gareth66 » 10 Aug 2014, 08:10

WHSeward wrote:Yes, MR is right and if necessary wording like this would work.

...on the basis of RANK, NORANK and mentor games run as SCHOOLS games (Friends and other Schools games do not contribute towards the eligibility criteria)

Adding the Aspiring Class was a great idea and very successful. This tweak would be consistent with that amendment.

New users that choose to enter and complete a mentor game are a "better than average" subset of our new users at PlayDip. We should invite them to join us.

Ok, thanks WH, I think I understand. Just to be sure, can I clarify that the proposal is that a Mentor game, at the recommendation of the mentor, should count towdards membership of the Aspiring category only? (In other words, there is no change being proposed for the eligbity criteria for Bronze membership upwards). I can see where you're coming from - but I do think that for membership beyond Aspiring it is important that players have established a record of reliability in their own right with no hand-holding.
gareth66

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1485)
All-game rating: (1638)
Timezone: GMT

Postby gareth66 » 19 Aug 2014, 08:43

Where have we got to with this WH, is my understanding of what you are proposing correct, and are we ready to put this to a poll?
gareth66

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1485)
All-game rating: (1638)
Timezone: GMT

Previous

Return to Classicists