Looking for a good game

An informal group of proven reliable players attempting to avoid games spoiled by missed orders.

Moderators: JonS, Buachaille, Fatmo

Looking for a good game

Postby Lance68 » 19 Feb 2012, 22:01

I know I'm kind of new to the site, but I have played a lot of face to face games so I feel like I have a decent amount of experience. I'm currently playing a game on here with a group of friends that used to play face to face before (alas we all grew up and moved to different places, so this site is awesome for reuniting us!). I wanted to get involved in a second game though, with people I didn't know, so I could experience different gameplay. The people I'm playing with now, I already know their personalities and their tendencies, it would be nice to play with completely foreign people.

I am very reliable with orders and messages. If anyone is looking for a serious additional player for a game or would be interested in starting a new game with me, let me know :).
I can no longer obey; I have tasted command, and I cannot give it up
Lance68

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (943)
All-game rating: (938)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Looking for a good game

Postby okriegel » 19 Feb 2012, 22:37

I'll jump on this bandwagon. I'm currently playing two non-ranked games (my first two), and I took over a hopeless surrendered position and was promptly eliminated. I check the site two or more times a day, send a lot of messages, and have never NMRed.

Edit: By the way, I'm from America. If you time zone is indicative of your location, I am indeed foreign.
okriegel

All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Lance68 » 19 Feb 2012, 23:26

No, I just never updated my time zone . . . I'm GMT -5, in the USA too. Glad to have you on board for a new game okriegal.

And that was more foreign then I was looking for Craw :P.
Lance68

Postby okriegel » 19 Feb 2012, 23:57

Fair enough regarding Malta, and we're all foreign in a different sense. Once the game starts, we might be Italian, or Russian, or maybe Turkish... many ethnicities and religions.

The guy who introduced me to Diplomacy was from Austria himself. He had his own letterhead for his orders, written in French (the language of diplomacy) except his title, which was in Latin. To add more foreignness, role-playing works well.
okriegel

All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby CrnaZemlja » 21 Feb 2012, 04:56

Hello Lance68 and okriegel. I would love to get in on a game. I have played Diplomacy a few times with friends but am brand spanking new to the online Diplomacy world. If you start a game, please let me know.
never retract, never retreat, never apologize, get the thing done and let them howl.

Silver member of Classicists.
An Oldie.
CrnaZemlja

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (887)
All-game rating: (1163)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby Lance68 » 21 Feb 2012, 15:28

Sent you an invite. I set up a game and I'm just going to sit on it till we get enough people.

Game Name: 39369. Diplomacy Dissemblance

If anyone is interested, post here or send me a PM and I'll forward on the password.
Lance68

Postby GurraG » 22 Feb 2012, 13:55

Hi,

I'm interested in participating in a serious game. I'm new to online Diplomacy but have played it quite alot in my youth. I'm now involved in my first two games on this site and already encoutered a few NMR:s from other players. Really dissapointing given the invested time building relations, scheeming and plotting :) I would very much like to participate in a game where you could trust the other players to be equally interested in seeing the game through.

By the way I'm 36 years old and living in Stockholm, Sweden (GMT+1).

Cheers
-Gustav
GurraG

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1048)
All-game rating: (999)
Timezone: GMT+1

Postby asudevil » 22 Feb 2012, 15:11

GurraG wrote:Hi,

I'm interested in participating in a serious game. I'm new to online Diplomacy but have played it quite alot in my youth. I'm now involved in my first two games on this site and already encoutered a few NMR:s from other players. Really dissapointing given the invested time building relations, scheeming and plotting :) I would very much like to participate in a game where you could trust the other players to be equally interested in seeing the game through.

By the way I'm 36 years old and living in Stockholm, Sweden (GMT+1).

Cheers
-Gustav

Once you get 5 games under your belt with no surrenders and a 95% join the classicists. They are people who also fall into this category and always have games going.
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.
asudevil
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1351)
All-game rating: (1437)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby Lance68 » 22 Feb 2012, 15:23

Well, we have 6 people so far. Hopefully this is one of the "5 games" we can get under our belts :).
Lance68

Postby jaelis » 22 Feb 2012, 15:51

Still looking for a 7th?
jaelis

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1060)