Surrender

An informal group of proven reliable players attempting to avoid games spoiled by missed orders.

Moderators: JonS, Buachaille, Fatmo

Surrender

Postby richkarna » 16 Sep 2011, 23:28

Please take me out of the Classicists group. Remove my name or whatever you do. I have recently surrendered from my first game. It wasn't a Classicist game but I surrendered a 6 center England. It wasn't due to real life or an emergency. I just had no desire to continue to playing with a few of the players. Please take me off the mailing list also.
There are Trolls in Norway, you don't want that.
richkarna
Sponsor
Sponsor

Class: Star Ambassador
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Surrender

Postby Morg » 17 Sep 2011, 00:21

Hold on,

Richkarna has a 99.47% turns taken rate from 103 games. 3 total surrenders. With the exception of the recent surrender that is still platinum status. I think there might be room for leniency.

This game is here for us to have fun. The Classicists believe games which have solid participation are more fun than those where people upset the balance of the game through NMRs and surrenders. But we also have a spirit of the game clause asking members to be respectful of each other because we all know that games with incessant heckling seriously impede the ability of people to have fun in the game.

There is a surrender and that does violate the code we agreed to, but don't ask to be removed from the list. Ask for raphtown to review the case or something. Don't just throw everything away.
"He says there are no easy answers. I say he's not looking hard enough!"
Morg

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1428)
All-game rating: (1561)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby raphtown » 17 Sep 2011, 00:34

Richkarna, if you could elaborate a bit more on why you surrendered, either here or via PM, I would appreciate it. You must have had some good reasons to leave the game, and though you probably should have discussed it beforehand, I see no need to do anything as drastic as kicking you out. In any case, formal procedures state you would be demoted to Bronze for the time being, not kicked out wholesale. But before I make any decision, I want to get the full scoop.
The Classicists are a group dedicated to reducing player NMRs.
raphtown

Class: Diplomat

Postby Uffington Horse » 17 Sep 2011, 05:17

We all want the scoop :)
Uffington Horse
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1030
All-game rating: 1353
Timezone: GMT+9

Postby Niakan » 17 Sep 2011, 05:41

You took the high road, rich.
Face-to-face organizer of Diplomacy games in New York City.
My Twitch Channel
My YouTube Channel
My current Mafia game
Niakan

Standard rating: (936)
All-game rating: (1002)

Postby TheCraw » 17 Sep 2011, 05:41

Maybe he isn't very happy right now, and doesn't ~want~ to explain, but just wants to be removed quietly, and without a fuss?
Very clever, Mr. Smart...
TheCraw

Class: Shropshire slasher
All-game rating: 1,000,000

Postby raphtown » 17 Sep 2011, 07:12

TheCraw wrote:Maybe he isn't very happy right now, and doesn't ~want~ to explain, but just wants to be removed quietly, and without a fuss?

Well then he can let me know that he doesn't want to talk about it. I can't start assuming things.
raphtown

Postby Niakan » 17 Sep 2011, 08:58

TheCraw wrote:Maybe he isn't very happy right now, and doesn't ~want~ to explain, but just wants to be removed quietly, and without a fuss?

If he wanted to be removed quietly without a fuss he'd have PMed raphtown. I think he just needs some reassurance, which I am happy to give.
Face-to-face organizer of Diplomacy games in New York City.
My Twitch Channel
My YouTube Channel
My current Mafia game
Niakan

Standard rating: (936)
All-game rating: (1002)

Postby richkarna » 17 Sep 2011, 12:53

Thanks for the support. I have no desire to report or tattle on any player concerning my desire to surrender from the game mentioned. Please just bump me down to a Bronze statis. If the by-laws will not allow this I understand.
There are Trolls in Norway, you don't want that.
richkarna
Sponsor
Sponsor

Class: Star Ambassador

Postby raphtown » 17 Sep 2011, 20:03

richkarna wrote:Thanks for the support. I have no desire to report or tattle on any player concerning my desire to surrender from the game mentioned. Please just bump me down to a Bronze statis. If the by-laws will not allow this I understand.

Very well, I will demote you to Bronze. I will let you know when I figure out the specifics of rank re-acquirement following a demotion.
raphtown

Next

Return to Classicists