2020 BADAss Whipping is cancelled

Looking for a Diplomacy game in your neighbourhood? Meet members from your area!

2020 BADAss Whipping is cancelled

Postby WHSeward » 13 Mar 2020, 03:36

If you were planning to come out to play this year, unfortunately the event is the latest to be shut down over Coronavirus.
"As a general truth, communities prosper and flourish, or droop and decline, in just the degree that they practice or neglect to practice the primary duties of justice and humanity." WHS

A member of the Classicists.

Ask me about mentor games. Send me a PM or post in the Mentoring forum.
WHSeward
Site Admin
Site Admin

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1633)
All-game rating: (1647)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: BADAss Whipping is cancelled

Postby WHSeward » 13 Mar 2020, 03:39

Posting the full message:

Hello all,

We have been monitoring the situation with Coronavirus and have been discussing our options internally as well as with the venue at Hotel DeAnza. Several TSA Agents at SJC have recently tested positive for Covid-19 and over 40 are now quarantined. The World Health Organization has officially declared this a pandemic.

It is with a heavy heart that we have decided that given the current state of affairs that we will be cancelling this occurrence of BadAss Whipping Diplomacy. We cannot, in good conscience, ask that people travel and gather for an event that would heighten their risk of exposure. We will be rescheduling the event for later in the year and will be in touch when we have dates for that.

Personally, this makes me very sad to do as this is one of the highlights of my year every year. Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding our decisions on this matter. I hope to hear from and see all of you very soon.

-Siobhan Nolen
"As a general truth, communities prosper and flourish, or droop and decline, in just the degree that they practice or neglect to practice the primary duties of justice and humanity." WHS

A member of the Classicists.

Ask me about mentor games. Send me a PM or post in the Mentoring forum.
WHSeward
Site Admin
Site Admin

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1633)
All-game rating: (1647)
Timezone: GMT-8

Return to Face-to-Face