WDC 2018 Detailed Rules and Scoring?

Looking for a Diplomacy game in your neighbourhood? Meet members from your area!

Re: WDC 2018 Detailed Rules and Scoring?

Postby NoPunIn10Did » 28 Sep 2018, 19:24

Confirmed: they forgot to post a link to this page, and they've forgotten to update it with all the information about the tournament.

http://www.ptks.org/tournament-rules-code-of-conduct/

Potomac Tea & Knife Society runs an annual tournament called Tempest, and they've been using Sum of Squares (or a slight variant of it) for some time now. Since WDC adopts the house rules used by the host, that means that this year it's going to be SOS too. In the F2F circuit it's pretty common knowledge, though they definitely goofed in not posting those details to the site for WDC.
Forum Admin & New Variant Development Assistant

Variant GM & Designer
NoPunIn10Did

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (1466)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby NoPunIn10Did » 28 Sep 2018, 20:21

Chris Martin just verified that he hadn't finished writing that page and had forgotten to come back and do so. He said it should be updated later today.
Forum Admin & New Variant Development Assistant

Variant GM & Designer
NoPunIn10Did

Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (1466)

Postby Jack007 » 28 Sep 2018, 21:09

Ah that's great news, thank you NoPun. My worries will soon blow over. :)
Jack007 (xxxx.) unbanned for dubious reasons
Member of the Honorables
There is no greater solitude than the samurai's,
unless it be that of the tiger in the jungle… perhaps…
-bushido
Jack007

Location: Apulia (Sta Maria di Leuca) ⛵ Instagram @jack060856
Standard rating: 1531
All-game rating: 1669
Timezone: GMT+1

Postby DQ » 28 Sep 2018, 22:01

Jack007 wrote:Ah that's great news, thank you NoPun. My worries will soon blow over. :)

That is definitely to be hoped, Jack! No excuse for this oversight, but an explanation: The PTKS has used the same "rules" for years, and they were posted on our website, requiring only minor modifications from year to year. Between 2016 and 2017 we lost that website to hackers and had to transport everything that we could clean up over to another site. Which was promptly taken down by hackers (bots we think, nothing personal). Then, it took way too long for our team to get onto WordPress, and a lot had to be rebuilt from scratch. Our Web-Content Team meant to put the Rules, along with the changes required for WDC (rounds, awards) together when we first got the new site stood up this summer, but unfortunately, they focused first on recruiting, and dropped the ball.

(I am the Web Content Team. My Bad, seriously. You're absolutely right about the alienating aspect of that oversight, and you have my personal apologies.)

After review, this looks good: http://www.ptks.org/wdc2018/tournament- ... s-scoring/ - Please reach out to me if you have any questions or concerns, or if anything is unclear.

I also fixed the link to the Code of Conduct, http://www.ptks.org/tournament-rules-code-of-conduct/
Stab you soon!
DQ

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1062)
All-game rating: (1063)

Postby Jack007 » 29 Sep 2018, 17:59

Thanks DQ, that's very good and detailed. I'm absolutely satisfied. Sorry if I came over a bit querulous, my apologies for that.

Jack :)
Jack007 (xxxx.) unbanned for dubious reasons
Member of the Honorables
There is no greater solitude than the samurai's,
unless it be that of the tiger in the jungle… perhaps…
-bushido
Jack007

Location: Apulia (Sta Maria di Leuca) ⛵ Instagram @jack060856
Standard rating: 1531
All-game rating: 1669
Timezone: GMT+1

Previous

Return to Face-to-Face