Washington DC F2F Tournament

Looking for a Diplomacy game in your neighbourhood? Meet members from your area!

Re: Washington DC F2F Tournament

Postby VGhost » 09 Oct 2017, 12:24

nanook was top 7 - I'm guessing I was closer to the other end of the table.
"When you absolutely don't know what to do any more, then it's time to panic." - Johann van der Wiel
"I'm not panicking, I'm watching you panic. It's more entertaining." - Elli Quinn
"[Diplomacy:] No dice or chance. Just calculated insincerity." - Counter Trap
VGhost

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 995
All-game rating: 982
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Washington DC F2F Tournament

Postby nanooktheeskimo » 10 Oct 2017, 13:08

I finished in 7th. I had an absolute blast, and would highly recommend it to anyone looking to dip their toe into the FtF game and see what it's all about. Only thing I might say could've been done better is the chairs...but then again, there's a lot of humor in people that aren't yourself falling instead of sitting down ;)

I'll write more about this when I'm actually home (visited a friend after the tournament ended, driving home today, so probably will write something up by the weekend), but the short version is that it was a great tournament, very well run, a ton of fun to play in, and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to try out FtF (and next year it's the host of the world championships, so all the more reason to make it out!).
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

I am your (co-) Leader.

GM of WitA 7, WitA 8.

Come play face to face!

Need a forum game GM'ed? PM me!

Mod (but I'm normally not talking as one)
nanooktheeskimo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1209
All-game rating: 1413
Timezone: GMT-5

Previous

Return to Face-to-Face