Any Midwest USA Players

Looking for a Diplomacy game in your neighbourhood? Meet members from your area!

Re: Any Midwest USA Players

Postby tjhaver » 16 Aug 2017, 02:52

Speak of the devil and he doth appear (more than two weeks later). I was just notified of this thread, so my apologies for the late reply. The last time I played an online game was 2009, and it's been quite some time since I posted events here.

The answer is yes we do have Diplomacy events and local games in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, and Missouri. For events, yearly we host the Origins Diplomacy tournament (every June) in Columbus, the World Boardgaming Championship tournament (late July / early August) in Seven Springs, and the US Diplomacy Championships at Gencon (August) in Indianapolis. Every year the biggest Diplomacy event in the country is at GenCon; we split each round into groups of official tournament players vying for the title and "Intro" players looking for experience. Last year I became an event organizer for Avalon Hill brand of WOTC, so we're able to officially host both the US and Canadian Diplomacy Championships. You'll find pictures of events I run or attend at ye ol' Flickr here (https://www.flickr.com/photos/26210189@N06/albums).

Recently we added Geekway to the West (May) in St. Louis and Winter Origins (December) in Columbus. A member of our group runs a teaching game at Buckeye Game Fest (September) in Columbus, and this year I'll be running Diplomacy at PAX Unplugged (November) in Philadelphia. Additionally, last year we started hosting a Masters-style event called the Nate Cockerill Memorial, which doubles as a fundraiser for the charity setup by Nate's family after his passing last year. That event will be held in Columbus on October 8th.

We also have a regular group that meets for store and cafe games. We've held two Diplomacy games the last two weekends at the TableTop Cafe in Columbus. Follow us on twitter at https://twitter.com/ftfdiplomacy for updates. We'll also be posting Diplomacy event pictures and updates for the upcoming US Diplomacy Championship at GenCon. Speaking of which. . .

United States Diplomacy Championship at GenCon
Thursday 17th August 2017 - Saturday 19th August 2017
Indianapolis, IN

Tournament Details:
We proudly bring you the U.S. Diplomacy Championship at the largest Diplomacy event in the country. Square off in one or more of the four qualifiers. The seven Best Country winners from all qualifiers advance to the Top Board on Saturday night. We also host multiple Diplomacy Introduction events concurrent with the tournament events, with play style encouraging newer players to have a positive experience.

Round One – 12pm-4pm Thursday
Round Two – 8pm-12am Thursday
Round Three – 12pm-4pm Friday
Round Four - 8pm-12am Friday
Top Board - 5pm Saturday

"Gen Con Indy is the original, longest running, best attended, gaming convention in the world. For over 40 years, Gen Con Indy has been setting the trend and breaking records. Last year, more than 50,000 unique attendees experienced Gen Con Indy. The biggest complaint we hear is that there is simply too much to do, see, and experience. Get lost in a phantasm of art exhibits. Stare at jaw-dropping costumes, or better yet, wear one of your own. Meet the movers and the shakers in the gaming industry. Check out the newest games and get a sneak peek at the latest editions." -- GenCon

If you want more regular players for house games, then please send me your contact information. Every year we have many local players, and I'm more than happy to connect you for local play. I highly recommend you reserve a weekend slot at a local gamestore or game cafe (Kingmakers Indianapolis just opened).
tjhaver

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Any Midwest USA Players

Postby Privateer1 » 14 Dec 2017, 06:43

For the Indianapolis/Detroit/Columbus people, I'm based in Fort Wayne and would be interested.
Privateer1

Previous

Return to Face-to-Face