November 4-6 @Killington, VT - Diplomacy Tournament

Looking for a Diplomacy game in your neighbourhood? Meet members from your area!

Re: November 4-6 @Killington, VT - Diplomacy Tournament

Postby Carebear » 22 Nov 2016, 23:04

All,

I was planning on doing a bit more of an AAR once the scores were posted to WDD. But, the TD hasn't gotten them up yet and I did not want to wait until December.

AFAIK, the PD community members to attend this event were Valis2501, DQ, JimTheGrey, luckythirteen, and myself. If anyone else went, please let me know.

There were three rounds of five boards each for a total of fifteen boards and about 40 players. They use Carnage scoring so solos count big, with country placement (SC count) in draw being critical afterwards.

The top three players were only separated by a point each:
  1. Chris Martin - 18028, our very own DQ and past WDC champion took home the Gold
  2. Jason O'Donnell - 18027, been in the hobby a while, but not a regular attendee at tournaments
  3. Andy "Buffalo" Bartalone - 18026, a regular tournament attendee with many titles to his name

As you can see from the score, the top three placers averaged a second place finish. There were some ties for boardtop sharing first and second place points, but no one ran away from the field this year.

The mix of players was good. There were plenty of regulars, but with some notable exceptions, and plenty of new (but experienced) faces. All around plenty of great games!

I prefer my anonymity, so I will not to disclose my final position for when the results do get posted to WDD. If anyone ever figures out my identity, please respect my privacy and not out me. :D
You can have my last supply center, when you pry it from my cold dead hands.

Spam Ambassador Wannabe

Officially Sanctioned Site Gadfly (meaning the negative kind of sanction)
Carebear

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1573)
All-game rating: (1589)
Timezone: GMT+8

Re: November 4-6 @Killington, VT - Diplomacy Tournament

Postby Carebear » 25 Feb 2017, 07:35

The tournament information has been partially uploaded to WDD. Also, there are three more PlayDip IDs I am now aware of that played at Killington, allblacknation, Sir_Stabsalot, and Nasty.
You can have my last supply center, when you pry it from my cold dead hands.

Spam Ambassador Wannabe

Officially Sanctioned Site Gadfly (meaning the negative kind of sanction)
Carebear

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1573)
All-game rating: (1589)
Timezone: GMT+8

Previous

Return to Face-to-Face