ConCon 2016: Sept 17 & 18th

Looking for a Diplomacy game in your neighbourhood? Meet members from your area!

ConCon 2016: Sept 17 & 18th

Postby WHSeward » 09 Aug 2016, 01:55

Edi Birsan announces the Con in Concord, a two-day, three-round Diplomacy event at the Salvio Pacheco Plaza. This will be the only tournament in the Bay Area this year, so now is your chance to come on out and get your fill of FTF play. If you can't play all 3 rounds, feel free to drop in for just 1 or 2.

Location: Concord, California (30 miles east of San Francisco). Boards will be around the outdoor fountain in the courtyard just off of Todos Santos Park, about midway down Salvio St between Mt. Diablo and Grant. (If you find The Hop Grenade taproom, then you have found the event). See some pics from last year's event.

Transportation: There is plenty of parking around, but the large lot on Salvio St. between Concord Ave and Mt. Diablo is the most convenient. Also consider BART; the event is walking distance from the Downtown Concord station.

Schedule: Three rounds, two on Saturday, one on Sunday.
Round 1 Saturday 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Round 2 Saturday 4:30 PM - 11:00 PM
Round 3 Sunday 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Cost: Pay what you want (i.e. as much as you can afford) with a suggested donation of $10

Check out more details and help us get a count of players by RSVPing on the BADAss Meetup event.
"As a general truth, communities prosper and flourish, or droop and decline, in just the degree that they practice or neglect to practice the primary duties of justice and humanity." WHS

A member of the Classicists.

Ask me about mentor games. Send me a PM or post in the Mentoring forum.
WHSeward
Site Admin
Site Admin

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1633)
All-game rating: (1647)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: ConCon 2016: Sept 17 & 18th

Postby JonS » 09 Aug 2016, 22:29

Will definitely make an appearance - likely Round 2 only. Concord is right up the road from my lovely boring Walnut Creek life, so it'll be easy.

Looking forward to it.
“Find an ally who will die for you, and see that he does just that.”
The immortal Richard Sharp

Platinum Member of the Classicists Club
House Tyrell in Diplomacy of Ice and Fire
JonS

Standard rating: (1557)
All-game rating: (1606)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby WHSeward » 10 Aug 2016, 04:42

Great! We can start drinking after the round. Tell your wifey that there is no end time so the beer can flow all night!

Just please rsvp on the meetup page so they get a good count
"As a general truth, communities prosper and flourish, or droop and decline, in just the degree that they practice or neglect to practice the primary duties of justice and humanity." WHS

WHSeward
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby WHSeward » 14 Sep 2016, 20:15

Reminder - the ConCon is this weekend. Hope to meet a bunch of PlayDippers there.

WHSeward
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Face-to-Face