WDC 2016?

Looking for a Diplomacy game in your neighbourhood? Meet members from your area!

WDC 2016?

Postby ptarik » 04 Aug 2015, 00:10

Can someone help me where the next World Dipcon will be played and when it will be held. Since it was in Europe this year I suppose it will be in the US or Australia next year.

I was looking around a bit both at this site and at diplom.org but could not find any information.

I am strongly considering starting to play FTF tournaments again and since it doesn't seem to be any Swedish tournaments anymore I suppose I can as well aim to play the biggest tournament there is.
ptarik

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (973)
All-game rating: (974)
Timezone: GMT+1

Re: WDC 2016?

Postby Carebear » 04 Aug 2015, 00:14

IIRC, it will be in Chicago next year.

https://diplomacyblog.wordpress.com/upc ... nventions/
You can have my last supply center, when you pry it from my cold dead hands.

Spam Ambassador Wannabe

Officially Sanctioned Site Gadfly (meaning the negative kind of sanction)
Carebear

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1573)
All-game rating: (1589)
Timezone: GMT+8

Postby JimTheGrey » 08 Aug 2015, 15:22

Yes, Chicago is hosting the 2016 World Diplomacy Championship. Here's our site: windycityweasels.org/wdc2016. Dates are June 24-26.

And thanks for the nudge to post on diplom.org. I'll get on that now.

JtG
JimTheGrey

Class: Ambassador
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby ptarik » 08 Aug 2015, 23:24

Thanks for helping out.

Great location for me, the trip will not be that long considering Chicago is one of few American cities to which there are direct flights from Stockholm.

The only problem for me is the date, that weekend is midsummer which is one of the major weekends in Sweden. I suppose my wife will not be that happy if I go away for five days to play a game then. Well at least I can start the negotiations at home almost a year ahead of the event.
ptarik

Standard rating: (973)
All-game rating: (974)
Timezone: GMT+1

Postby WHSeward » 09 Aug 2015, 05:37

ptarik wrote:I suppose my wife will not be that happy if I go away for five days to play a game then. Well at least I can start the negotiations at home almost a year ahead of the event.
We'll see what kind of diplomat you really are.
"As a general truth, communities prosper and flourish, or droop and decline, in just the degree that they practice or neglect to practice the primary duties of justice and humanity." WHS

A member of the Classicists.

Ask me about mentor games. Send me a PM or post in the Mentoring forum.
WHSeward
Site Admin
Site Admin

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1633)
All-game rating: (1647)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby DysClaimer » 11 Aug 2015, 01:13

ptarik wrote:Thanks for helping out.

Great location for me, the trip will not be that long considering Chicago is one of few American cities to which there are direct flights from Stockholm.

The only problem for me is the date, that weekend is midsummer which is one of the major weekends in Sweden. I suppose my wife will not be that happy if I go away for five days to play a game then. Well at least I can start the negotiations at home almost a year ahead of the event.

Bring her along. Chicago is not a bad place to spend a few days! My wife has come with me to a couple tournaments in Europe, and I think is usually happy to be rid of me for a few hours so she can go see the sights she's interested in!
DysClaimer

All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-8

Return to Face-to-Face