Salt Lake City Comic Con - 24-26 Sept 2015

Looking for a Diplomacy game in your neighbourhood? Meet members from your area!

Salt Lake City Comic Con - 24-26 Sept 2015

Postby JonS » 19 Mar 2015, 02:55

I'm going to start this thread now and we can see if anything comes together six months from now.

1. Salt Lake City Comic Con is Thursday September 24 through Saturday September 26
    2. SLCCC is like SDCC but better, less corporate, more fun, cheaper, and better
    3. I LIVE IN SALT LAKE CITY, as does at least one other prominent playdip citizen
    4. This fall's SLCCC will be my first major convention - a dream come true
    5. I like to play diplomacy with people, but have not done F2F since childhood
    6. Therefore, playing F2F would be another dream come true

We'll let it grow from here. But if anyone is coming to SLCCC, let us know here in this thread - would be awesome to organize a F2F game. I'd be happy to host the game at my house, 1.3 miles from the convention center as the google man walks.

And if you've never been to Utah, and/or never been to a major convention, and/or have longed to stare me in the face after I betray you (most likely use case?) maybe start playing around with the idea of making the trip this fall.

Launching the thread now because I just got my SLCCC tickets...will ping this thread periodically over the coming months to see if we can pull this together.

Come to Utah. Go to the world's best comic con. Play Diplomacy in my house. Make my dreams come true.
“Find an ally who will die for you, and see that he does just that.”
The immortal Richard Sharp

Platinum Member of the Classicists Club
House Tyrell in Diplomacy of Ice and Fire
JonS

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1557)
All-game rating: (1606)
Timezone: GMT-7

Re: Salt Lake City Comic Con - 24-26 Sept 2015

Postby JonS » 18 Jul 2015, 21:33

Bump to see if anyone is coming.

Captain America, Sam Gamgee, C3PO, Chekhov, and Felicia Day are coming to SLCC! You should too. Still happy to organize F2F if anyone will be in town.

http://saltlakecomiccon.com/
“Find an ally who will die for you, and see that he does just that.”
The immortal Richard Sharp

Platinum Member of the Classicists Club
House Tyrell in Diplomacy of Ice and Fire
JonS

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1557)
All-game rating: (1606)
Timezone: GMT-7

Return to Face-to-Face