Join us for our eighth annual Weasel Moot!

Looking for a Diplomacy game in your neighbourhood? Meet members from your area!

Join us for our eighth annual Weasel Moot!

Postby JimTheGrey » 08 Jun 2014, 19:25

Hey, Mid Westerners (and especially Chicagoans)! Weasel Moot, the hobby's best named tournament, is back for an eighth edition July 26-27 at the Hampton Inn and Suites (33 W Illinois) in the heart of Chicago's bustling River North neighborhood. It's a great location surrounded by tons of shops, eateries and bars.

We'll play two rounds on Saturday and one on Sunday. You can find all the info you need, including the schedule and lodging info, at our website, http://windycityweasels.org/wm8, but if you have questions, ask here or pm me. We'd love to see you there! Kids are welcome. My 13-year-old son attended last year and will play again this year (unless he's out of town with his mother), and another 13-year-old finished in the top seven and won Best Germany at our April CODCon tournament.

JtG
JimTheGrey

Class: Ambassador
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: Join us for our eighth annual Weasel Moot!

Postby WHSeward » 08 Jun 2014, 19:44

JimTheGrey wrote:Weasel Moot, the hobby's best named tournament,

It is a nice name, but respectfully, the Whipping has it beat on that front. ;)
"As a general truth, communities prosper and flourish, or droop and decline, in just the degree that they practice or neglect to practice the primary duties of justice and humanity." WHS

A member of the Classicists.

Ask me about mentor games. Send me a PM or post in the Mentoring forum.
WHSeward
Site Admin
Site Admin

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1633)
All-game rating: (1647)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby JimTheGrey » 20 Jul 2014, 03:33

First stab at Weasel Moot is next Saturday at 9:45 a.m., but it's not too late to join us. Rooms at the Hampton Inn and Suites (33 W. Illinois, downtown Chicago) are pricey, but there are a couple of hostels a short commute away (1.5 miles and 2.5 miles, both near subway routes). One player traveling in from South Carolina is staying at a hostel for just $34 per night.

You can find more info about the tournament at [url]windycityweasels.org/wm8[/url]. All ages welcome. My 13-year-old will be playing in at least two rounds, and another 13-year-old will be playing in at least one.

Let me know if you have questions. We'd love to see some PlayDippers there. So far, we've recruited a couple of guys from WebDip but none here. Who's going to step up and represent?

JtG
JimTheGrey

Postby JimTheGrey » 30 Jul 2014, 06:11

Want to know how Weasel Moot turned out? Check out the recap at http://windycityweasels.org/wm8.

JtG
JimTheGrey

Return to Face-to-Face