Upcoming Chicago Games

Looking for a Diplomacy game in your neighbourhood? Meet members from your area!

Upcoming Chicago Games

Postby JimTheGrey » 28 Nov 2012, 05:36

We've got a couple of face-to-face games scheduled for the Chicago area.

On Dec. 30 at 11 a.m., we'll be playing in Glenview. And on Jan. 12, also at 11 a.m., we'll play in Chicago's Humboldt Square neighborhood. Both games currently have open spots. If you'd like to join us, let me know.

JtG
JimTheGrey

Class: Ambassador
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: Upcoming Chicago Games

Postby JimTheGrey » 06 Jan 2013, 23:12

Two more games on our schedule:

* Jan. 23 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square (4749 N Rockwell). We'll start at 6:30 p.m. and finish no later than 11, since it's a school night. :)
* Feb. 2 in the Rogers Park neighborhood of Chicago. We'll start at 11 a.m. and finish when we finish. This game will be hosted by author Ted McClelland, who has written Young Mr. Obama and Horseplayers: Life at the Track. I just read the latter over the holidays. Great read!

I'll try to be better about posting game openings here, but if you're in the Chicago area and would like to play face to face, then check out our website: windycityweasels.org. We usually have at least a couple of games each month, and we play in the western and northern suburbs as well as the city.

Let me know if you have questions.

JtG
JimTheGrey

Postby JimTheGrey » 30 Jan 2013, 03:29

Okay, we've scheduled a crapload of games in advance of our Spring tournament, the CODCon Open (April 20-21, http://windycityweasels.org/codcon7). Take a look and join us for a game. GusGus is coming out this weekend.

Feb. 2 at Ted McClelland's home in the Rogers Park neighborhood of Chicago, beginning at 11 a.m. Full. Standbys welcome.
Feb. 9 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at Noon until no later than 8 p.m. Have two.
Feb. 16 at Dan Burgess' home in Downers Grove, beginning at 11 a.m. Have two.
Feb. 20 at Guthrie's Tavern in Wrigleyville, beginning at 6:30 p.m. until no later than 11. Have two.
March 6 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at 6:30 until no later than 11. Have one.
March 10 at Dan Burgess' home in Downers Grove, beginning at 11 a.m. Have one.
March 16 at Tony Prokes' home in Des Plaines, beginning at 11 a.m. Have one.
March 19 at the Village Inn in Skokie, beginning at 6:30 p.m. until no later than 11. Have two.
March 23 at Jim O'Kelley's home in Little Italy, beginning at 11 a.m. Have one.
March 27 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at 6:30 until no later than 11. Have three.

Hope to see you at a game!

JtG
JimTheGrey

Postby Zoterik » 04 Feb 2013, 02:09

Wow, this is everything I'm missing? Damn.
His Royal Majesty the King of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, and its dominions (History of the World)
ग्रेटर भारत के मौर्य साम्राज्य के सम्राट (Ancient History of the World)
Zoterik

Class: Diplomat
Timezone: GMT+2

Return to Face-to-Face