Any players in West Suburban Chicago?

Looking for a Diplomacy game in your neighbourhood? Meet members from your area!

Any players in West Suburban Chicago?

Postby JimTheGrey » 24 Sep 2011, 06:30

Short notice, but our club is holding Diplomacy games this weekend at the small Conception gaming convention at the College of Dupage in Glen Ellyn. We'll be playing standard Dip tomorrow (Saturday) at 3 p.m., and Colonial Dip Sunday from 11 a.m. till 5 p.m. If you're in the neighborhood, come join us.

The games will be held at the College of Dupage's Student Resource Center, 425 Fawell Blvd, in Glen Ellyn. Conception charges $15 per day for admission.

JtG
JimTheGrey

Class: Ambassador
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: Any players in West Suburban Chicago?

Postby arthae » 24 Sep 2011, 14:00

I can't makwe it this weekend, but please let me know about future events. I'm in Wheeling.
Thanks
Arthae
talk? Talk. TALK!!! Oldies member, classicists member, and all around good guy.
arthae
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1110
All-game rating: 1090

Postby JimTheGrey » 24 Sep 2011, 16:47

We'll miss you this weekend, Arthae.

Lots of upcoming opportunities, including a couple in your backyard.

* On Oct. 27, a Thursday, we'll be playing at Emmett's Ale House in downtown Downers Grove. The game will begin at about 6:30 p.m. and go till no later than 11. Our bar games use quick 10-minute negotiation phases to keep things moving. Depending on who's playing, we can get through anywhere from five to eight game-years. The emphasis is on the night out, but the games are good fun, too.

* On Nov. 12, a Saturday, we'll play an open-ended game at Dan Burgess' home in Downers Grove, beginning at 11 a.m. This is our annual Undercard game, as also going on at Dan's that day will be our annual club championship game, the Weasel Royale. The past two years, the player who topped the board in the Undercard game qualified for the next year's Royale.

If you're willing to range a little farther, we have two upcoming games in the city.

* On Oct. 2, a Sunday, I'll be hosting an open-ended game beginning at 10 a.m. at my place in Chicago's Little Italy neighborhood. I'm just 5 minutes off of 290, and there's plenty of street parking in my neighborhood.

* On Oct. 20, a Thursday, we'll be playing at Guthrie's Tavern, a bar near Wrigley Field. That game will begin around 6:30 p.m. and end no later than 11.

I'll try to post upcoming opportunities here, but you can follow along on your own at our website, windycityweasels.org. In each of the past four years (our club year runs from September through August), we've had 60 or more players play with us. Last year, we played 41 games, not counting our tournaments. We'd love to have you join us for a game.

JtG
JimTheGrey

Postby JimTheGrey » 11 Oct 2011, 05:12

Here's a link to an article on our website that contains a couple of endgame statements from a recent FtF game in Chicago: http://windycityweasels.org/game-reports/wcw-2012-season/371-the-song-of-people-dying. We have upcoming games on Oct. 2o and 27 and Nov. 12 and 20.

JtG
JimTheGrey

Postby Offkellter » 27 Oct 2011, 01:10

I live in the Uptown neighborhood of Chicago, but would travel by train to play a live game of Diplomacy. From these posts, it appears you have this happen regularly. I'm jealous, and crazy hopeful.

Please let me know of future plans/possibilities.

Doug Kell
[email protected]
Offkellter
Premium Member

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: 989
All-game rating: 998

Postby arthae » 30 Oct 2011, 03:56

Thanks JimTheGray. At some point I have got to get in a live game.Or at least observe one and enjoy the aura!
:)
talk? Talk. TALK!!! Oldies member, classicists member, and all around good guy.
arthae
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1110
All-game rating: 1090

Postby JimTheGrey » 30 Oct 2011, 20:05

Hey, Doug.

Looks like you found our website. Look forward to seeing you at the Atlantic on Nov. 16! We're also playing at the Chicago Toy and Game Fair at Navy Pier on Nov. 20 from 10 a.m. till 5 p.m.

JimTheGrey
JimTheGrey

Return to Face-to-Face