Ontario, Canada...specifically Toronto Area

Looking for a Diplomacy game in your neighbourhood? Meet members from your area!

Re: Ontario, Canada...specifically Toronto Area

Postby Ceebs » 14 Jul 2010, 02:20

Crunkus wrote:Hmm. That's getting dangerously close to a viable game.

We'll probably need 8 or so I imagine to realistically get 7 of us in the same place at the same time though.

Indeed! Perhaps this is worth pursuing...
Interested parties so far:

1. Ceebs (Toronto)
2. Ravil (Kingston)
3. Crunkus
4. Watchyourback
5. Spekulatius
6. BrandonWWalker
7. Centralnode99

8. Carl2e (in NY, so i'm assuming not very able to participate?)
9. I know of at least one other member on the site to ask...

Any others?
Would people be actually available and interested if a game were organized for a weekend within the next couple months? I'm sure we could find some sort of public space in Toronto...
Ceebs

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1204)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Crunkus_old » 14 Jul 2010, 03:06

Provided I am available, my schedule is a bit up in the air at the moment. Which makes me lousy at organizing this summer.

The sooner I know the date, the more likely I am to be able to attend.
(sigh)
Crunkus_old

Class: Star Ambassador
All-game rating: (944)

Postby Gardenpatch » 21 Jul 2010, 20:40

I'm interested as well. .i live in North York but work in Etobicoke...

QEW traveling...what fun...
Gardenpatch

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (855)
All-game rating: (836)

Postby Paulus Toronto » 22 Jul 2010, 14:05

Ceebs wrote:
Crunkus wrote:Hmm. That's getting dangerously close to a viable game.

We'll probably need 8 or so I imagine to realistically get 7 of us in the same place at the same time though.

Indeed! Perhaps this is worth pursuing...
Interested parties so far:

1. Ceebs (Toronto)
2. Ravil (Kingston)
3. Crunkus
4. Watchyourback
5. Spekulatius
6. BrandonWWalker
7. Centralnode99

8. Carl2e (in NY, so i'm assuming not very able to participate?)
9. I know of at least one other member on the site to ask...

Any others?
Would people be actually available and interested if a game were organized for a weekend within the next couple months? I'm sure we could find some sort of public space in Toronto...

Hi all. Sorry coming to this a little late, but i would be happy to play and perhaps even host. I am in Toronto (Greektown), easily accessible by TTC and lots of parking.SOunds like your dance card is full, but if you're looking for another partner please add me on. Also, I wonder if any of you would be interested in playing a ftf Colonial Diplomacy instead. I have a "never-been played" game. Eager to start anytime.
Paulus Toronto

All-game rating: (1000)

Postby Dar Krum » 23 Jul 2010, 19:22

And for the first time in years, I will not be travelling to Acton for vacation this summer. So I am officially out. (Like I was ever officially in. :roll: )

Why would anyone go to Acton you ask? My wife's father lives there. Nice place to use as a base to go in to Toronto or back to Waterloo. House of Buddha in Georgetown is a good Chinese restaurant if you live close by.
Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been,...If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods,...will have lived a noble life and live on in the memories of your loved ones. - Marcus Aurelius
Dar Krum

Standard rating: (1164)
All-game rating: (1115)
Timezone: GMT-4

Postby Spartan117 » 26 Jul 2010, 02:55

I know of at least 3 people who live in the Windsor area including myself who would be interested. As for a game in toronto, a lot of advance notice would have to be given.
Spartan117

Timezone: GMT-6

Postby Crunkus_old » 26 Jul 2010, 03:39

I think we may have reached the If you Build it They Will Come stage.

I am not in a position to do this until I return back from an upcoming vacation, but I'm guessing if someone were to secure a suitable venue with enough advanced notice something could definitely happen.
(sigh)
Crunkus_old

All-game rating: (944)

Postby Spartan117 » 08 Aug 2010, 00:54

So we need to get the ball rolling about a time and location. Any suggestions?
Spartan117

Timezone: GMT-6

Postby Paulus Toronto » 08 Aug 2010, 01:29

Well I would be happy to host a Colonial Diplomacy game in Toronto (near Greektown/Danforth area). I'll play the Classic version as well, but would prefer Colonial. I would volunteer my friend to officiate and time keep, and i may have an extra one or two or three to join in. So that's almost half. I would suggest sometime in September when summer holidays are nothing but memories. Who else is interested?
Paulus Toronto

Postby Ceebs » 10 Aug 2010, 06:34

I'm pleased to see that this is gaining some momentum. I for one am certainly still interested in playing--classic or colonial. September seems like a good time to play...we can set up an event on http://www.doodle.com to easily determine a date that works (it's a scheduling software that let's everyone input times when they are available). I can set this up sometime in the next few days if desired.

paulus wrote:Well I would be happy to host a Colonial Diplomacy game in Toronto (near Greektown/Danforth area). I'll play the Classic version as well, but would prefer Colonial. I would volunteer my friend to officiate and time keep, and i may have an extra one or two or three to join in. So that's almost half. I would suggest sometime in September when summer holidays are nothing but memories. Who else is interested?

Thanks for offering, that all sounds excellent. It seems that if we have lots of people from the site as well as 1-4 of your friends, it may be possible to play two games...Unless of course that pushes the limits of your hospitality (it is still possible to coordinate a public space i'm sure). As for officiating and timekeeping, that could be accomplished by a simple timer and anyone with a laptop and a decent judge software--so your friend could play instead of watching!
Ceebs

Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1204)

PreviousNext

Return to Face-to-Face