Players in London and the south-east?

Looking for a Diplomacy game in your neighbourhood? Meet members from your area!

Players in London and the south-east?

Postby Jobson15 » 20 Mar 2010, 02:08

Hi, are there any players interested in FtF games in London and the south-east, I'd really like to play FtF some time. We should have enough, I live in London, Philby and jstott are moving to Surrey soon, Stander and Peanut live in Essex (separately as far as I know), and Kian is on the map somewhere in Bedfordshire. That's six already, so this really shouldn't be too much of a logistical nightmare. Anyone?
So far the only Playdip player to survive an attack by armies, fleets and an ax.
Jobson15

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Players in London and the south-east?

Postby dynasty » 20 Mar 2010, 02:20

man i wish i lived in london i would take you all to the cleaners with my poker face
thats it now im mad super you had better deliver that cigerate to me personally in starbucks in new york or im gonna eat you while writing in purple
viewonline.php
dynasty

All-game rating: 576

Postby jstott » 20 Mar 2010, 05:03

When abouts are you looking to play? We have around four or so weekends free, so we'll probably see some sights on the other three.
Do you hear the people sing,
Lost in the valley of the night,
It is the music of a people,
Who are climbing to the light,

For the wretched of the earth,
There is a flame that never dies,
Even the darkest night must end,
And the sun will rise
jstott

Timezone: GMT+10

Postby Stander » 20 Mar 2010, 12:49

I'm fairly tied up most weekends from now until 25th April with training (see signature), but I'd make an effort if we could get this game going.
I will be running the London Marathon on 22nd April 2012 to raise funds to help disabled children and in memory of my darling wife who sadly passed away in January 2012.

To find out more or to donate please visit:- http://www.justgiving.com/BigRunningFool
Stander
Elite Sponsor
Elite Sponsor

Location: Mainly running the streets of Essex, getting wet, cold and bloody miserable.

Postby Kian » 20 Mar 2010, 13:16

With enough notice I could make a weekend date - and may even be able to host.

I am bang between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1 very near Milton Keynes with spare rooms and next door to a pub with rooms - though I understand if a central London venue (or other) is being sought.
"Tell the truth, and so puzzle and confound your adversaries. ” Sir Henry Wotton

"I'm better pleas'd to make one more,
Than be the death o' twenty." Lines on War - Rabbie Burns
Kian

Postby Stander » 20 Mar 2010, 18:25

Stuff London - I vote for the pub!
:D
I will be running the London Marathon on 22nd April 2012 to raise funds to help disabled children and in memory of my darling wife who sadly passed away in January 2012.

To find out more or to donate please visit:- http://www.justgiving.com/BigRunningFool
Stander
Elite Sponsor
Elite Sponsor

Location: Mainly running the streets of Essex, getting wet, cold and bloody miserable.

Postby Dar Krum » 20 Mar 2010, 21:50

I am buying a lotto ticket tonight so I can make that game. Would the pub have a back table big enough for six, a Canadian, and a board?
Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been,...If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods,...will have lived a noble life and live on in the memories of your loved ones. - Marcus Aurelius
Dar Krum

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1164)
All-game rating: (1115)
Timezone: GMT-4

Postby Kian » 20 Mar 2010, 22:20

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4406&p=43639&hilit=+drive#p43639

... said pub... and back room?... but, of course - though my dining room has an 8 foot x 4 foot table that should suffice... it is only 30 yards from said pub.

and do not worry Stander it serves cask bitter and lager if that is more to your taste. :D

Seriously - I would be happy to oblige with a bit of notice...

K
"Tell the truth, and so puzzle and confound your adversaries. ” Sir Henry Wotton

Kian

Postby Waterice man » 21 Mar 2010, 01:02

Its a while off, but if I get the grades, I'm going to Oxford University next year, and that has a Diplomacy Society. It wouldn't be unfeasible to get people in to that, and would tick the 'safe' box, too.
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

The word 'surrender' derives from old French
Waterice man

Postby Kian » 21 Mar 2010, 01:27

Waterice man wrote:Its a while off, but if I get the grades, I'm going to Oxford University next year, and that has a Diplomacy Society. It wouldn't be unfeasible to get people in to that, and would tick the 'safe' box, too.

:shock: Apologies if I sounded like a mass stalker... I do have an up to date CRB check ...

:D

Kian

Next

Return to Face-to-Face